Atrio X
Dec 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #31 of 51
Would any US head-fiers be willing to proxy a pair of these to me in the UK?
I notice they're going for $43 shipped on Amazon.com but are only available to US buyers.
All fees/shipping etc. covered up front and extensive refs available if required.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #32 of 51

Quote:
Would any US head-fiers be willing to proxy a pair of these to me in the UK?
I notice they're going for $43 shipped on Amazon.com but are only available to US buyers.
All fees/shipping etc. covered up front and extensive refs available if required.

Anyone?
Quite happy to purchase myself on Amazon and have them shipped to your address for forwarding to me?
(Would otherwise use a forwarding service but it seems a little OTT for something of such low value.)

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #33 of 51

Quote:
Anyone?
Quite happy to purchase myself on Amazon and have them shipped to your address for forwarding to me?
(Would otherwise use a forwarding service but it seems a little OTT for something of such low value.)

Hey mate, I would suggest increasing your post count will help gaining trust from head-fier, I think because your post count is only 9, that's why people are reluctant to help

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #34 of 51
Hey mate, I would suggest increasing your post count will help gaining trust from head-fier, I think because your post count is only 9, that's why people are reluctant to help

This. That said, welcome to head-fi, hope to see you around more!

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #35 of 51

Quote:

Quote:
This. That said, welcome to head-fi, hope to see you around more!

Cheers guys, I hear you, although I've been a member for several years now but lurked a whole lot!
whitefroded has kindly agreed to assist so I'm glad to pass on the karma if anyone wants anything from the UK/EU.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #36 of 51

Quote:

Cheers guys, I hear ya, although have been a member for several years now but lurked a whole lot!
whitefroded has kindly agreed to assist so I'm glad to pass on the karma if anyone wants anything from the UK (i.e. the Radiopaq 'Custom Tuned' IEMS that have been around $16 on Amazon.co.uk recently and under $10 on play.com for the Rock/Pop version with mic and inline control).

That being said, my recommendation is to reconsider AtrioX, I bought one and was hugely dissapointed, even after 120hr+ burn in, very muddy, recessed mid, and highs full of sibilance, then again perhaps it is just me, or I got a bad copy...

if you like your bass, I would recommend getting Hippo VB

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #38 of 51

Quote:

That being said, my recommendation is to reconsider AtrioX, I bought one and was hugely dissapointed, even after 120hr+ burn in, very muddy, recessed mid, and highs full of sibilance, then again perhaps it is just me, or I got a bad copy...

if you like your bass, I would recommend getting Hippo VB

Not really a bass-head but have been buying BAs recently so thought it was time for a Dynamic that may be suitable for gym use.

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #39 of 51
If these share some of the sound of the FS-1s, they should be very good. I own a pair of FS-1s (bought them for $30 when they had been discontinued!) - they are my favorite "walking around" earphones and have been since 2005 or 6 when I got them. For awhile, Future Sonic was only producing 'phones well out of my price range, but I've had my eye out for another fire sale when they discontinued a line! I suspect that the AtrioX MG5s are somewhat different in sound quality though. FS-1s aren't overly bassy. If you use the Future Sonic foam tips, the FS-1s are fairly accurate and balanced. Until I bought a pair of Klipsch x10s, I would use the FS-1s for listening to classical, electro-acoustic, and jazz with satisfactory results.

The AtrioX MG5s are currently $50 on Amazon and I'm thinking seriously about buying a pair. I'm looking for a pair to replace my FS-1s. While I love them, the cold weather isn't exactly conducive for squeezing foam tips in my ear in winter and they are a little uncomfortable during the humid summer months...

(This is my first post, btw. I love this forum! I wish I'd discovered it years ago!)

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #40 of 51

Quote:
If these share some of the sound of the FS-1s, they should be very good. I own a pair of FS-1s (bought them for $30 when they had been discontinued!) - they are my favorite "walking around" earphones and have been since 2005 or 6 when I got them. For awhile, Future Sonic was only producing 'phones well out of my price range, but I've had my eye out for another fire sale when they discontinued a line! I suspect that the AtrioX MG5s are somewhat different in sound quality though. FS-1s aren't overly bassy. If you use the Future Sonic foam tips, the FS-1s are fairly accurate and balanced. Until I bought a pair of Klipsch x10s, I would use the FS-1s for listening to classical, electro-acoustic, and jazz with satisfactory results.

The AtrioX MG5s are currently $50 on Amazon and I'm thinking seriously about buying a pair. I'm looking for a pair to replace my FS-1s. While I love them, the cold weather isn't exactly conducive for squeezing foam tips in my ear in winter and they are a little uncomfortable during the humid summer months...

(This is my first post, btw. I love this forum! I wish I'd discovered it years ago!)

Welcome!  You sound like a head-fi veteran already!

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #41 of 51

Quote:
Welcome!  You sound like a head-fi veteran already!

Thanks! I ended up buying the Brainwavz M4s today. I'm just curious about them. They received some very favorable reviews here, so I thought I'd give them a whirl. 

By the way, Bazirker, I noticed that your out and about "box" is the Galaxy S II. I recently bought an Infuse, which has, I think, the same or comparable audio hardware. Any tips for getting the best sound out of it? I'll look around for a discussion on it to move my question there. I don't want to hijack this thread!

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #42 of 51

Quote:
Thanks! I ended up buying the Brainwavz M4s today. I'm just curious about them. They received some very favorable reviews here, so I thought I'd give them a whirl. 

By the way, Bazirker, I noticed that your out and about "box" is the Galaxy S II. I recently bought an Infuse, which has, I think, the same or comparable audio hardware. Any tips for getting the best sound out of it? I'll look around for a discussion on it to move my question there. I don't want to hijack this thread!

Unfortunately the sound out of the SGS2 isn't very good, I use it because it's what I've got.  There are DSP programs which can be picked up in the Market but none have particularly impressed me.  FWIW, I do think my Atrios are more forgiving of a poor source than my other phones.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #43 of 51
All the talk I could find was to do with Voodoo. No good? I was underwhelmed with the Infuse at first (I was using an iPod Touch before), but I'm pretty impressed with the sound I can get from PowerAmp. I'm going through all the players right now. After PowerAmp I'll try the Neutron music player. PlayerPro was also pretty good, I should add. I haven't tried my x10s on the Infuse. Generally, I won't put any music with a bitrate above 320kbps on a portable device. I just don't think that with I'll appreciate lossless music very much with ambient noise and all the other things I should be paying attention to! The x10s I found were not particularly forgiving of lossy itunes rips, so it seemed futile to try them on the infuse. Maybe I should for giggles... We'll see how the Brainwavz are soon enough.  I may still buy the Atrios, but in a few months! Hopefully, they stay at around $50 (or less).

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #44 of 51

Quote:
All the talk I could find was to do with Voodoo. No good? I was underwhelmed with the Infuse at first (I was using an iPod Touch before), but I'm pretty impressed with the sound I can get from PowerAmp. I'm going through all the players right now. After PowerAmp I'll try the Neutron music player. PlayerPro was also pretty good, I should add. I haven't tried my x10s on the Infuse. Generally, I won't put any music with a bitrate above 320kbps on a portable device. I just don't think that with I'll appreciate lossless music very much with ambient noise and all the other things I should be paying attention to! The x10s I found were not particularly forgiving of lossy itunes rips, so it seemed futile to try them on the infuse. Maybe I should for giggles... We'll see how the Brainwavz are soon enough.  I may still buy the Atrios, but in a few months! Hopefully, they stay at around $50 (or less).

Does PowerAmp actually sound better than the stock music player?  Hmmm...might be giving that a try....

</threadjack>

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #45 of 51
The Radiopaq Jazz is dirt cheap in the UK at 10 quid on Amazon UK. Since you are in the UK, you should take advantage of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back