Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Feb 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,351 of 3,573
Quote:
Hey Tim,
Just responded - check your inbox.
Nah... i didn't think your words were harsh - you got me wrong there as well... - ha! i just felt bad to have someone purchasing something for me across two continents. My earlier comments was meant to be a lighthearted query.
Anyway i love talking to you guys here... so helpful and knowledgeable. you guys rocks!!!
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif

I'll give you a PM soon.
Quote:
Yes.
Oh, I would love to test them right now but still nothing in my mail
frown.gif

They may oscillate in the I/V (and maybe in buffer too) - I will make some tests later this day.

I will have to fly you in and fix my E1... do your magic... turn them into a fire breathing dragon, not a big deal - you know

I would turn them into a Red Eyes Black Dragon, but after it's done and i leave, you'll have some trouble finding your HD-800's.
Quote:
Kenion, almost everybody I know who owns a HD800, prefers it with a tube amp, or a solid amp with a bass and warm sig.
this brings me to the question, did anybody try the muses with the HD800? and did he/she enjoy it?

My cousin comes over with his HD-800 every weak, and he seems to like the NE5532 and AD797B over the MUSES01's. 
We had a discussion with each other, and concluded that the HD-800 sounds better with more smooth treble and a little bass heavy.
It's also the most comfortable headphones that i have ever tried.
Another thing that we concluded, was that the LCD-2 sounded better on the Essence One, than the HD-800.
Perhaps because the 800 veils a bit more of the music and is more amp picky.

All in all, the HE-400 was good at it's forward bass, when using the LME49710 it wasn't as good to the level as i wanted, now having the LCD-2, it's perfectly placed.
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Well, tomorrow six muses01 will be at my home.
I use the xonar one as stand alone dac to my speaker, a pair of kef ls 50.
I  don't use the E1 for headphone amp.
My question is:

I have a dual lme49710ha mounted on dip, it's a good idea to use it on the (3A) rca buffer?
It is possible? I am not expert....
I will use the muses01 on the IV stage and LPF.
Thanks to clarify my trouble.
Ciao

I use it there, it is a good upgrade.
  1. Higher Transparency
  2. Improved treble peakage, but not harsh (less harsh than the LME49720)
  3. More in depth sound stage with a bit of this "airy" feel.
  4. Improved sound separation.
  5. Bass is around the same level, these op-amps are a little bass light, so it's really hard to hear the difference in this category.

Tim

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #1,352 of 3,573
Quote:
I'll give you a PM soon.
I would turn them into a Red Eyes Black Dragon, but after it's done and i leave, you'll have some trouble finding your HD-800's.
My cousin comes over with his HD-800 every weak, and he seems to like the NE5532 and AD797B over the MUSES01's. 
We had a discussion with each other, and concluded that the HD-800 sounds better with more smooth treble and a little bass heavy.
Another thing that we concluded, was that the LCD-2 sounded better on the Essence One, than the HD-800.

All in all, the HE-400 was good at it's forward bass, when using the LME49710 it wasn't as good to the level as i wanted, now having the LCD-2, it's perfectly placed.
popcorn.gif

I use it there, it is a good upgrade.
  1. Higher Transparency
  2. Improved treble peakage, but not harsh (less harsh than the LME49720)
  3. More in depth sound stage with a bit of this "airy" feel.
  4. Improved sound separation.
  5. Bass is around the same level, these op-amps are a little bass light, so it's really hard to hear the difference in this category.

Tim

Tim,
Spot on, that was my conclusion, even without hearing any, I knew that muses is not "Best" suited for the HD800, as you said, Bass heavy amps (to an extant) is one of the requirements for the HD800 to tame it.
The HD800 is revealing, as with the Muses. I think in general it is safe to say Muses and HD800 are not the best match. LCD2 prepare to be "OWNED"...
o2smile.gif

I would appreciate if anybody would share his finding for the Beyerdynamic T1 with Asus Essence One.
I like to hear what others think.

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #1,353 of 3,573
Sure, some forget that their source is only PART of their system.  This is why opamp rolling can help so much for certain types of sources and cans...
The NE5532 and even AD797B are more of a warmer type of tubish sound to some.  You lose some of your clarity in exchange for warmth.
Some like this type of sound and some do not.

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #1,354 of 3,573
So much better for speaker set-ups.

If using a treble heavy op-amp, just drop a subwoofer in there, and bam. good to go.

Tim

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,355 of 3,573
I can agree to everything mentioned above.
Can't wait to get my AD797's!

Quote:
I'll give you a PM soon.

Tim

The HD 800's really are extremly comfortable. It's like they are "floating" on top of your head.
That's basically the main concern I have with the LCD-2/3. I know they won't be nearly as comfortable as the HD 800, but as long as they don't "hurt", its probably bearable for me. - I'm really looking for that dark/club sound and their bass everyone's talkin' 'bout. *umz, umz, umz* 
o2smile.gif
- Don't forget to give us your opinion with them Tim!

I'm going to test them out in a local dealer before I go to the Philippines and decide whether to buy them or not.
My HD 800's will be waiting for me here. I'm going to buy my babys a new pair of earpads too, to make sure they are in perfect condition before sending them to you... if I really end up buying the LCD's
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Tim,
Spot on, that was my conclusion, even without hearing any, I knew that muses is not "Best" suited for the HD800, as you said, Bass heavy amps (to an extant) is one of the requirements for the HD800 to tame it.
The HD800 is revealing, as with the Muses. I think in general it is safe to say Muses and HD800 are not the best match. LCD2 prepare to be "OWNED"...
o2smile.gif

I would appreciate if anybody would share his finding for the Beyerdynamic T1 with Asus Essence One.
I like to hear what others think.

I have tested the Beyer T1. It is true that you can get them really cheap here in Germany in comparison with other countries (especially the Beyers and Ultrasone's)!
The T1 sounded really, really good to my ears and I was "almost" about to buy them when I was there. - back then, I moved from hifi-store to hifi-store with my car, just to get a scope about some of the diffrent headphones out there.
The T1 really is a extremly fast (almost hectic) sounding pair of headphone with a bit lack of slam in the bass. I think, just like with the HD 800's, the AD797's + NE5532's are a really good pair with T1, as they are more analog and warm sounding with an emphasis in bass.

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,356 of 3,573
Quote:

The HD 800's really are extremly comfortable. It's like they are "floating" on top of your head.
That's basically the main concern I have with the LCD-2/3. I know they won't be nearly as comfortable as the HD 800, but as long as they don't "hurt", its probably bearable for me. - I'm really looking for that dark/club sound and their bass everyone's talkin' 'bout. *umz, umz, umz* 
o2smile.gif
I'm going to test them out in a local dealer before I go to the Philippines and decide whether to buy them or not.
My HD 800's will be waiting for me here. I'm going to buy my babys a new pair of earpads too, to make sure they are in perfect condition before sending them to you... if I really end up buying the LCD's
biggrin.gif

HD-800's are great. Very relaxing, to me, more relaxing than the HD-650.
HD-650 mixes sounds a little too much, overly full, and is too smooth.

LCD-2 is pretty comfortable, especially when you've had HIFIMAN Headphones for over at least over a month.
To me, even though the HE-500 is heavier, it's still more comfortable than the HE-400. It must be, due to my girlfriend wearing it all the time, so it loosened up quite a bit.

I found the HD-650 to be darker sounding than HE-400/500 & LCD-2. Don't know why, it's probably because the 650 is too slow and syrupy, this the fast pace planars sound faster/more lively, which lightens it's dark tone.

You should check it out. That's always a good choice before buying products.
I would love to have both.

Tim

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #1,357 of 3,573
Quote:

o2smile.gif

biggrin.gif

I have tested the Beyer T1. It is true that you can get them really cheap here in Germany in comparison with other countries (especially the Beyers and Ultrasone's)!
The T1 sounded really, really good to my ears and I was "almost" about to buy them when I was there. - back then, I moved from hifi-store to hifi-store with my car, just to get a scope about some of the diffrent headphones out there.
The T1 really is a extremly fast (almost hectic) sounding pair of headphone with a bit lack of slam in the bass. I think, just like with the HD 800's, the AD797's + NE5532's are a really good pair with T1, as they are more analog and warm sounding with an emphasis in bass.

You said "Almost", so what was the reason that stopped you from getting them? I have friends who swore for the LCD2 over the T1, which I find "Strange".

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #1,358 of 3,573
I wished i had a T1 & HD-800 to test.

That way, i could test HE-500, LCD-2, T1, and HD-800 on the Essence One Muses.

Sadly, i do not, because i am poor. 

Tim

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #1,359 of 3,573
Quote:
I wished i had a T1 & HD-800 to test.

That way, i could test HE-500, LCD-2, T1, and HD-800 on the Essence One Muses.

Sadly, i do not, because i am poor. 

Tim

Poor!!?? having members like yourself  and all the others, is what counts Tim.
Money comes and goes, but what we learn/teach from each other, can't be priced.
That is what I like about Head-fi, "Having members like you and many here" .
If that makes you feel better , I am also "Poor", well we are all Poor....right guys...
cool.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #1,360 of 3,573
Quote:
Poor!!?? having members like yourself  and all the others, is what counts Tim.
Money comes and goes, but what we learn/teach from each other, can't be priced.
That is what I like about Head-fi, "Having members like you and many here" .
If that makes you feel better , I am also "Poor", well we are all Poor....right guys...

Was just a joke 
tongue.gif

I'm happy enough having a place to stay and cloths to keep me warm.

Plenty of courteous people here on Head-Fi.
Best forum that i've ever been on.

Tim

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #1,361 of 3,573
Quote:
Was just a joke 
tongue.gif

I'm happy enough having a place to stay and cloths to keep me warm.

Plenty of courteous people here on Head-Fi.
Best forum that i've ever been on.

Tim

Thank you Tim, keep them coming...
biggrin.gif

WOW...$100 for customs....too much, just bring the @#$$ thing to me.....where is the Fedex Guy? Have anyone seen him?...

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #1,362 of 3,573
Quote:

Thank you Tim, keep them coming...
biggrin.gif

WOW...$100 for customs....too much, just bring the @#$$ thing to me.....where is the Fedex Guy? Have anyone seen him?...

You paid one hundred for customs?

Tim

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #1,363 of 3,573
Quote:
You paid one hundred for customs?

Tim

I will (customs and clearance and other made up stuff..), just when the Fedex Guy arrives....

That is why I like/prefer USPS (+registered), as customs never charges a penny when I ship with them, no problem , just bring it.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #1,364 of 3,573
Quote:

I will (customs and clearance and other made up stuff..), just when the Fedex Guy arrives....

That is why I like/prefer USPS (+registered), as customs never charges a penny when I ship with them, no problem , just bring it.

Yikes.
Got to declare the item under $5! LOL.

I whole heartedly dislike FedEx & UPS.
USPS is the best.

Let's hope the customs isn't too up there.

Tim

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,365 of 3,573
Got it (sure heavier than I expected) the build quality is top notch and the pictures do not do justice this piece of love, still @ my office and I have to take my girl to a nice dinner (so I can relay the bad  news...
ksc75smile.gif
)....

Edit: Foobar asio workin, but not with jriver!!! no sound and no play..

edit : changed latency to 50...now working....I just connected it to my airmotiv4 to let my girl enjoy what I got her!

Update : 384!!! is this true?

@ acidic, manual is the same as for other E1 versions as there is no mention of the switch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back