Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2,191 of 3,573
WHAT!! $120 sorry man but that doesn't sound right are they new or used?

NJR have stated that digikey.com is the primary seller which at the moment only sell muses01 in quantities of 100 at $56 per unit

Also you want to buy your muses at the one place, at the same time because you want all the opamps out of the same batch, so far I've seen 901, 201, and 204, for example my muses01 are batch #204 if one opamp was 901 it would still work but may compromise SQ

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #2,192 of 3,573
I've actually seen 101, I'm told the one I will be receiving are 20x and they are used. Maybe I should of mention that. How did you go with consumer ombudsman Gandah? I'm still no luck sourcing the pot. I think I'm going to email Alpha directly. Anyone know the suitable email contact to this Taiwanese company?

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #2,193 of 3,573
Quote:
Just wondering after I replaced the 6 op amps in the balanced/unbalanced section, should I also swap the 2 in the headphone section too? Would that further change the sound quality?

Here's a good guide made by Tim aka cssarrow

cssarrow was our resident E1 moder, unfortunately he is no longer on head-fi which is a real shame

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #2,194 of 3,573
Bought the muses from eBay.
BTW, DMax99. I saw your post regarding the Melbourne meet. Is anyone allowed to attend, or do you have to setup a stall? I'm keen on going to try out some gear before purchasing.

I'm not 100 percent sure either, I just got invited by one of the organisers who asked me to bring bunch of my phones. So i guess you can't just turn up to listen, plus spots are limited.

You could contact lin0003 on the Melbourne meet thread and ask him about more details and whether or not any spots are still available :wink:

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #2,195 of 3,573
WHAT!! $120 sorry man but that doesn't sound right are they new or used?

NJR have stated that digikey.com is the primary seller which at the moment only sell muses01 in quantities of 100 at $56 per unit

Also you want to buy your muses at the one place, at the same time because you want all the opamps out of the same batch, so far I've seen 901, 201, and 204, for example my muses01 are batch #204 if one opamp was 901 it would still work but may compromise SQ

Yeah I got them brand new from a guy from china on aliexpress. He seems legit. He showed me the importation declaration document for the op amps he has imported. I guess we'll find out in another week time when I put them in :wink:

Ps. Mine says 901 so I guess they're batch no 901?

Haha, just because they are cheaper doesn't necessarily mean they're not genuine. Perhaps that seller has lower margin to cover.

Here are mine:

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #2,196 of 3,573
Here's a good guide made by Tim aka cssarrow

cssarrow was our resident E1 moder, unfortunately he is no longer on head-fi which is a real shame

Yeah... Apparently he had 2 accounts, such a shame because he was such a hardcore E1 modder .

Thanks for the info. Saves me have to look ever the 100+ threads again. I can't believe I've read through all of them before I finally decided to buy one... Haha

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #2,198 of 3,573
Quote:
I've actually seen 101, I'm told the one I will be receiving are 20x and they are used. Maybe I should of mention that. How did you go with consumer ombudsman Gandah? I'm still no luck sourcing the pot. I think I'm going to email Alpha directly. Anyone know the suitable email contact to this Taiwanese company?

Still waiting for PCMarket to get back to me its been over a week so looks like with most business today you constantly have to followup or nothing gets done
angry_face.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #2,200 of 3,573
ASUSXONAR, I have a question in regards to essence one units with A10K potentiometers

I've been in contact with the place I purchase the Essence one, they say they can't be sure if the replacement unit will have the B10k or the new A10k potentiometers, they also ask if there was anyway of knowing without opening the packaging by S/N or any other way?

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers
~Steve

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #2,201 of 3,573
I'm not sure if the S/N would help as my new replace unit was 1 digit bigger than my replaced unit. Like the last digit of the old one was 1 and the last digit of the new one was 2 and the rest of the digits are the same

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #2,202 of 3,573
The strangest thing has happened, because my unit is getting replaced I've taken out the muses01 and put the original 5532 back in, and now using XLR out to my amp I can't really hear the channel imbalance its still there but very slight in comparison to the muses hmmm.... wonder why..... however imbalance is still the same using built-in HP amp

Could be because muses have a much wider soundstage, it's really the only conclusion I can come up with, but than why is the built-in amp channel imbalance sound the same as when using the muses

WHAT The......

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,203 of 3,573
Quote:
The strangest thing has happened, because my unit is getting replaced I've taken out the muses01 and put the original 5532 back in, and now using XLR out to my amp I can't really hear the channel imbalance its still there but very slight in comparison to the muses hmmm.... wonder why..... however imbalance is still the same using built-in HP amp

Could be because muses have a much wider soundstage, it's really the only conclusion I can come up with, but than why is the built-in amp channel imbalance sound the same as when using the muses

WHAT The......

Where is Tim , when you need him.

Nice finding by the way.

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #2,204 of 3,573

WHAT The......

Funny you should mention that. Since swapping the 49720 to opa627 on the headphone buffer. Imbalance issue not as bad as before.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #2,205 of 3,573
Quote:
Where is Tim , when you need him.

Nice finding by the way.

Yes where is he, he would probably know or would find out why

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. Since swapping the 49720 to opa627 on the headphone buffer. Imbalance issue not as bad as before.

Interesting hey, the imbalance with the sock 5532 isn't that bad using audio-out pot, however the 5532 SQ isn't that desirable even through the gsx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back