Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Nov 1, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #1,546 of 1,568
@JasonNYC

Tidal Version 2.67 seems to be the last Version for the SE100. 2.68 minimum Version is Android 7.0. Will there be a fix for this or maybe a Android 7.0 Update for older A&K Players?

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #1,547 of 1,568
@JasonNYC

Tidal Version 2.67 seems to be the last Version for the SE100. 2.68 minimum Version is Android 7.0. Will there be a fix for this or maybe a Android 7.0 Update for older A&K Players?
Btw I'm getting a "Unknown Error" in the embedded Tidal App. Even if i try to log off I'm getting this Error. I'm on the newest Firmware 1.70. Can anyone confirm this Error or am I the only One?

Nov 14, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #1,551 of 1,568
We have a pair in the office and will test with the SE100. Just tested them last week with a few other players and had no issue with connecting them.
I have Sony earphones with Bluetooth 5.2. My SE100 does not recognize them. Is there an update that I missed or is this something they will not upgrade firmware for? Appreciate any feedback on this.

https://www.head-fi.org/members/jasonnyc.479210/ Can you answer my above question on the compatibility of the SE100 and Bluetooth 5.2 please?

No problem Jason. Sony WF-1000XM4 which use Bluettoth 5.2. There are not recognized at all when I scan bluetooth devices available. https://electronics.sony.com/audio/...KFV8eWlSu2MGfSTOl9BoCPaIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pulling up some ?? related ?? queries.

I just took a few flights and was unable to BT pair my headphones with SE100:

- Power Beats Pro
- Apple AirPod Max

BT shows my laptop and other BT sources -- albeit with alphanumeric codes for most rather than names.
I am on firmware version 1.70CM.

I have other wired headphones at home, but tend to use these for travel.
Thinking of using my SE100 (vs iPhone or iPad) to save battery on upcoming long flights.

Anything I might be missing?

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #1,552 of 1,568
I managed to get rid of this "Unknown Error" by Reseting all Settings. But it would be nice to hear from a Respresentative from A&K if there will be a Android Update for older Devices like SE100, SR15, SP1000/M and so on.

Dec 24, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #1,553 of 1,568
Hello is there an app we can install or any other way to lower the volume on SE100? Even at the lowest volume at 1, it is pretty loud and it can't go any lower than that or it just becomes quiet. I've tried connecting Hiby FC4 to it and lowering the volume on the FC4s but the same problem persists. I am using very sensitive iems which may be the issue.

Edit: Bought iematch and that fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #1,554 of 1,568
Hi there. Well, I love the SE100 and keep coming back to it. My other DAPs are Hiby R6 and Lotoo Paw 6000, so I cannot comment on the other A&K you mentioned. I think the SE100 works exceptionally well for streaming - I have a Tidal account and also use the bandcamp app with it. It’s all very reliable; battery life is great.
Sound wise, I like a big and wide soundstage with good layering and find that the A&K beats my other DAPs in this domain.
Bottom line is - I would buy it again.
Hi, Are you able to ”download” song off Tidal? I have a Fiio.. but I got a great deal on a SE100.. but wondering if it is going to be worth the hassle to get Tidal working/downloading. Thanks In advance.

Jan 10, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #1,555 of 1,568
Hi, Are you able to ”download” song off Tidal? I have a Fiio.. but I got a great deal on a SE100.. but wondering if it is going to be worth the hassle to get Tidal working/downloading. Thanks In advance.
Don't get it. This great Player is let down by a poor Software Department. The Player is still on Android 6 (!) and it's unknown if it's getting a Update. So you cant install the latest Tidal Version (min. Android 7). If I were you go for the FiiO M11 Plus/LTD or M11S instead.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #1,558 of 1,568
Me too. I've heard heard a lot of DAPs from different Companies but the best sounding for me are the A&K DAPs. I'm a huge Fan of their Sound Signature, the Reproduction of the Mids is unique and so lovely. As I said A&K DAPs have stellar SQ and Build Quality but poor Software/UI Department, Customer Service, Hardware Components. Thats were the FiiO, iBasso, Shanlings DAPs etc. are strong. Also their SQ and Build Quality has improved a lot over the Time.

Back again to SE100: You can install Tidal App and download Songs to be offline available, but the last Tidal which is working is I think 2.67 (can be downloaded at AKPure).

Just keep in Mind the FiiO M11 Plus has a Neutral to Bright Sound Signature. So if you have IEMs or Headphones which are in the Upper Mids/Lower Treble already energetic that will be too much except you are a Treble Head 😃

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #1,559 of 1,568
Echo above. Bought the SE100 for promised Roon integration, but it never came, only on newer models.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #1,560 of 1,568
Echo above. Bought the SE100 for promised Roon integration, but it never came, only on newer models.
Yes, a real bummer that the promised "Roon Ready" never appeared on several models that were supposed to get it. And worse, A&K never addressed that is wasn't going to happen, they just left us hanging and hoping... literally for years.

Same with Android updates, A&K just seems to ignore the topic...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back