Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Mar 23, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #1,531 of 1,568
We have a pair in the office and will test with the SE100. Just tested them last week with a few other players and had no issue with connecting them.
Please let me know. I paired them with my Galaxy S10+ with no problem.

Mar 25, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #1,532 of 1,568
Hi all,

I have had my SE100 for a while now and recently purchased the Meze Liric closed back headphones.
I just wanted to mention the great synergy of this pairing. I am hearing great layering, a really wide stage (for a closed back), an impactful but well controlled low end and smooth mids. The trebble extends nicely.
The SE100 drives the Lirics with no problems at all.

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #1,533 of 1,568
Hey everyone. Would you guys still consider the SE100 to be a good choice in 2022? I'm very interested in the limited edition models. Can't decide between the SE100. SA700, Kann Cube. or Kann Alpha. Despite being older, the SE100 seems to have the best processor and streaming app compatibility out of my choices. I'll mostly use these with IEMs such as my Andro. Any input would be appreciated thanks!

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #1,534 of 1,568
Hey everyone. Would you guys still consider the SE100 to be a good choice in 2022? I'm very interested in the limited edition models. Can't decide between the SE100. SA700, Kann Cube. or Kann Alpha. Despite being older, the SE100 seems to have the best processor and streaming app compatibility out of my choices. I'll mostly use these with IEMs such as my Andro. Any input would be appreciated thanks!
Hi there. Well, I love the SE100 and keep coming back to it. My other DAPs are Hiby R6 and Lotoo Paw 6000, so I cannot comment on the other A&K you mentioned. I think the SE100 works exceptionally well for streaming - I have a Tidal account and also use the bandcamp app with it. It’s all very reliable; battery life is great.
Sound wise, I like a big and wide soundstage with good layering and find that the A&K beats my other DAPs in this domain.
Bottom line is - I would buy it again.

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #1,535 of 1,568
SE100. SA700, Kann Cube. or Kann Alpha
The Smallest and soundwise cutiest for female vocals is the SA700.
Battery life is only about 4-7 hours and the Software is Not the festest, but for price ratio you can Grab this sometimes as a steal for about 500 Euro because it is Not so popular.
SE100 is a really good/Best allround choice from your list but in this Case I would Grab little deeper in my Money bag for the SE200 imo, there is also a thread here on head-fi

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #1,536 of 1,568
Has anyone successfully been able to play the SE100 gapless with FLAC files using the USB-C digital output?

I am hoping to use the digital output in gapless to an outboard DAC and have been unsuccessful.

Any confirmation that it does or does not work? I have set the USB Digital out option and it is working, just not gapless. :frowning2:

May 13, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #1,537 of 1,568
We have a pair in the office and will test with the SE100. Just tested them last week with a few other players and had no issue with connecting them.
Hi JasonNYC
Any update on the SE100 with the Sony WF-1000XM4?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #1,538 of 1,568
I know this was addressed years ago, but is there a OTG usb-C adapter that works with the SE100 to pair with an usb/dac? I just want to fool around and see if it could work or not. This is the amazing flaw of the SE100...no optical or usb out outside connecting to a computer.

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #1,539 of 1,568
Firmware update V. 1.70 is now available for the SE100. This update contains a number of stability improvements as well as bug fixes. Some of the bigger fixes include:

1. Wi-Fi stability improvements when using streaming services, including fix for random disconnection issues
2. BT connection improvements
3. Fix for connectivity issues when using M1 processor-based Macs

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 22, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #1,540 of 1,568
Hi, how is the battery lifespan of this player? I have a chance to get a second hand se100 but i'm not sure on the battery as i heard horror stories of bloated battery on AK player

Aug 22, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #1,541 of 1,568
Hi, how is the battery lifespan of this player? I have a chance to get a second hand se100 but i'm not sure on the battery as i heard horror stories of bloated battery on AK player
I've had mine for about six months now, battery life keeps up pretty well. For example there are times when I listen to music for a good two hours, and only see around 3-7% drain.

If I'm listening to less demanding file formats it barely drains at all. Mileage will of course vary with whatever phones/iem set you're using and age etc, but so far I'm impressed and in love when compared to my old Ibasso DX200, even with the nanotube amp.

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #1,542 of 1,568
I've had mine for about six months now, battery life keeps up pretty well. For example there are times when I listen to music for a good two hours, and only see around 3-7% drain.

If I'm listening to less demanding file formats it barely drains at all. Mileage will of course vary with whatever phones/iem set you're using and age etc, but so far I'm impressed and in love when compared to my old Ibasso DX200, even with the nanotube amp.
Appreciate the reply. Indeed i have to ask the seller for more info. I'm hanging between this or the SR25 mk2 with full warranty

Aug 23, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #1,543 of 1,568
I have had mine for over 3 years now and battery lasts similar to previous comment, dont have exact numbers, but no significant issues at all

Sep 4, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #1,545 of 1,568
@JasonNYC
Are there any Plans for a embedded Version of Qobuz in a future Firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back