Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Dec 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #1,427 of 2,994
I usually hate any kind of pop from Eastern Asian Countries. (k-pop, J-pop) well you get the point. However I do like quite a bit of the metal music from Japan and a few bands from China. I don't know any Korean metal bands. In any case this is what I have: 

Sigh from Japan: 

What did you see in my eyes of eternity,
The illusion lies in the false serenity,
The evil seeds, they are to be sealed,
Forever in oblivion, not to be revealed,

I Live You Die
You Shall Know Why
I Live You Die
Your Life Is Mine

My words, my curse, my cries unheard,
My words, my curse, my lies to be learned,

Obsessed with dreams of madness,
They shine like stars above me,
The lies are piled in front of me,
I live, you die
Obsessed with dreams of madness,
They'll fall like stars above me,
The truth keeps whispering me,
I live, you die

(I feel) what is lost that used to be there for sure,
Struggling with no hope to walk out of this,
Surrounded by darkness that lasts forever,
Drowning in weakness built upon the deception,

Blame me now for what I have done,
Blame me now for what isn't done,
Blame me now for what I have done,
Blame me now for what is gone,

The repeated lies became the truth,
Facade in this fear I will soothe,
Ugliness (behind) beauty,
Truth behind lies,
Only the brave shall escape the curse to enslave
Nether Flute from China: 

Tang Dynasty also from China: 

Blood Stain Child from Japan: 

Chthonic from Taiwan: 

I have more bands, but this is a pretty good sample of bands. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,431 of 2,994
Never got into K-Pop. Jpop and CantoPop are for me!

Recent songs for Canto pop: Dear Jane - Never Be Alone

JPop: Sandaime J Soul Brothers - Fuyumonogatari

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #1,432 of 2,994
I was wondering where you guys bought your cds from or if you knew of any places that you could download them from legally. The only place I really know is yesasia but it's been pretty slow for me the times I bought from there. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #1,433 of 2,994
HiFiTrack and YesAsia sell Asian CDs (mostly Chinese)
http://hifitrack.com/ (these are digital downloads)
http://yesasia.com/

CD Japan also sells Asian CDs (mostly Japanese)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

Since Asian CDs can be expensive to ship over here in the USA, I tend to listen to the albums first by browsing the catalogue available in the nearby public libraries. They actually have a good collection of Asian CDs.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #1,434 of 2,994
I mostly buy my Japanese and Chinese cd's from YesAsia as well.  They're slow, but I've had decent track record with them.  

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #1,437 of 2,994
  I mostly buy my Japanese and Chinese cd's from YesAsia as well.  They're slow, but I've had decent track record with them.  

I've stopped buying CD's  from overseas entirely. The prices on Yesasia and similar sites are exorbitant and the shipping is so slow. Unless you're really looking for a rare indie band's music, itunes offers pretty much most chinese/japanese/korean artists.

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #1,438 of 2,994
  I've stopped buying CD's  from overseas entirely. The prices on Yesasia and similar sites are exorbitant and the shipping is so slow. Unless you're really looking for a rare indie band's music, itunes offers pretty much most chinese/japanese/korean artists.

Those are probably the only downsides of buying a physical copy. With a physical copy you get the full lossless version as well as other extras put on by the artist or the sites themselves such signed merchandise, dvd footage of lives and/or a point system to save up on the next purchase. 

To me buying music that isn't lossless is quite the rip-off. Even if you can't hear the difference between lossless and 320 and lower, we deserve the full version. 

I think shipping is only slow if you use any method other EMS or FedEx. Using EMS, I get mine shipped on the day of the release date of the latest CD and receive it within 3 days to a week. This works the same for the Yes sites but I mostly shop with CDJapan.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #1,439 of 2,994
  Those are probably the only downsides of buying a physical copy. With a physical copy you get the full lossless version as well as other extras put on by the artist or the sites themselves such signed merchandise, dvd footage of lives and/or a point system to save up on the next purchase. 

To me buying music that isn't lossless is quite the rip-off. Even if you can't hear the difference between lossless and 320 and lower, we deserve the full version. 

I think shipping is only slow if you use any method other EMS or FedEx. Using EMS, I get mine shipped on the day of the release date of the latest CD and receive it within 3 days to a week. This works the same for the Yes sites but I mostly shop with CDJapan.

Well, there's always what.cd 
rolleyes.gif
Also, some music:

tori no uta - from air anime

God knows... - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Crow Song - Angel Beats

Light my Fire - Shakugan no Shana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back