Are PX100's the best fit for me?
Mar 22, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The KSC75 have a more neutral sound than the PX100, I own both and prefer the KSC75 for most of my music. However, I think the PX100 is a better rock can (due to its bassy-ness) and would suit the OP more than the Koss would.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have the old version of PX100's?

Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow...so many posts from one person...ever heard of the edit button?
cool.gif

Why yes, I could. I wouldn't expect the person who posted after me to re-read my post looking for a response, though. Ever heard of not trolling in over half of your posts?
cool.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #18 of 28
Hmm so it really comes down to the PX100's and the K81 DJ's.

I can get the PX100's for $66 CAD at a tiger direct store nearby. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Would it be reasonable to mod the phones and add ear cushions to make it supra? EDIT: or do i mean noise reduction?

As for the K81 DJ's...Tom Lee stores are only in Vancouver B.C...
Does anyone here have any experience with Tom Lee's online service? Was it fast? Any damages? Would u say the shipping price was over the top?

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Persuasion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm so it really comes down to the PX100's and the K81 DJ's.

I can get the PX100's for $66 CAD at a tiger direct store nearby. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Would it be reasonable to mod the phones and add ear cushions to make it supra? EDIT: or do i mean noise reduction?

As for the K81 DJ's...Tom Lee stores are only in Vancouver B.C...
Does anyone here have any experience with Tom Lee's online service? Was it fast? Any damages? Would u say the shipping price was over the top?

If you can go into the tigerdirect store i am sure you could just get them there at bypass their terrible online service. I haven't had any experience with tom lee's online store, sorry

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #20 of 28
you can probably find the K81 DJs locally at Steve's music or Long and Mcquade. I've never heard them so I can't comment on the sound.

Personally I prefer portapros to px100s for rock music, better bass, nicer midrange imo, and an all around more fun can. the px100s sound more neutral, have a better high range, and have a slightly bigger soundstage. So my vote is for ksc75s or Ksc35s/portapros. If you wanted the ksc75s your best bet is to look at NCIX or http://www.hotmp3gear.com/Headphones.htm . If you wanted the portapros you're better ordering from an online store, they go for quite a bit locally ($60-80 CAD).

As for the 7506s I've never seen them below $120 (CAD) in canada so you'd probably have to look in the states if you wanted that.

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #21 of 28
Damn I just checked out my local Long and McQuade and don't have any AKG K81 DJs. I also checked out my local Tiger Direct and they dont have any PX100's in!!

Its been a depressing day.

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Persuasion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn Long and McQuade dont have either of the models and same for Tiger Direct!

Its been a sad day.

Why don't you get a member to import it to you from the US?
I think it would be the cheapest. :p

Just ask a member who seems nice and has plenty of feedback.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's what I did!

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #24 of 28
Here's another vote for the PX100. I think it's better compared to the KSC75, stronger bass.

The only reason imo to get the KSC75 instead is to avoid headphone hair, and of course the cheaper price
cool.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #25 of 28
I also have to say that I like the PX100's over the KSC75's. Not sure how to exactly describe it, but the Senn's have a "bigger" sound. It's probably the larger amount of bass that they have. They sound great for casual, indiscriminate listening.

For convenience, the Senns are also much easier to put on, easier to grab n go. KSC75 you have to fiddle around and fit the clips on and that can get annoying at times.

Mar 23, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #26 of 28
Don't forget the iGrados. If you like treble and detail, modded iGrados are hard to beat, but if you like your bass, then the PX100s are the way to go. Everyone should own a pair of KSC 75s just because they're so cheap and they'll understand what everyone around here is talking about.

Mar 23, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #27 of 28
Some people don't like the clamping effect necessary for the K81 DJ's to isolate some sound ... could be a factor in long listening sessions (if you have a large head). They look great -- I haven't heard them, though.

I have the PX100's and the Koss PortaPro's (the "cousin" of the KSC75's -- the KSC75's are clip-ons -- do you wear glasses, by any chance?). Either the Sennheisers or the PortaPro's would work for you -- if I had to choose one to keep, I'd keep the Sennheisers, but that's purely subjective ... but both are light and sound pretty good for the money ... your mileage may vary.

Mar 28, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #28 of 28
I picked up a pair of AKG K81 DJs for $80 CAD with tax. They are smaller than than i thought. Looks good for portability.

So far i am pretty impressed at the strength of the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back