Are expensive cables silly squiggly snakes? Ahhh! Mine eyes!
May 31, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #1,336 of 1,535
The people on my ignore list are there for good reason and that reasoning is not subjective, it is fact.

Have a nice day Y'all
smile.gif

May 31, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #1,337 of 1,535
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's a question for you (even though you've ignored me, although you might do the usual and un-ignore me, respond once with personal insults, and then ignore me again... but I digress): how do you know gravity exists? Surely you haven't seen every single instance of someone falling before. What if, instead of falling down, that person fell upwards?

To make this more relevant to audio:

Teleportation Tweak Audio Video Telephone Advanced Long Distance Quantum Entanglement

Have you tried this? If not, how can you be sure this isn't a scam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The people on my ignore list are there for good reason and that reasoning is not subjective, it is fact.

Have a nice day Y'all
smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

Then again, I don't even know if that was a personal attack. That wasn't a reply of any sort.

Question still stands.

May 31, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #1,338 of 1,535
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

Then again, I don't even know if that was a personal attack. That wasn't a reply of any sort.

Question still stands.

Cables are easy to try, let me know where to go to try the teleportation tweak and then maybe we can talk about that. You know if your posting was less personal and more factual then your writings would improve and someone might take you seriously for once. You continuously moan about personal attacks but I have never seen one substantial down to earth common sense post from you, but hey, thats because you are obsessed with proving me wrong about something and it causes you to say things that are not well thought out or grounded with common sense. Not everything in life is subjective dude.

Common sense refers to those beliefs or propositions that seem, to many people, to be prudent and of sound judgment, without dependence upon esoteric knowledge.

I think the number of people who have experience and do hear a difference puts us squarely in the the definition of common sense.

I also think people who proclaim things they could not possibly know could not have used prudent and sound judgment.

One day when you grow up you will realize how useless it is to worry about what people think of you, even if its for one second.

Say what you want but you know I am right. After all its common sense.

Common sense (disambiguation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May 31, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #1,339 of 1,535
Quote:

Why pay 30 when you can pay a dolla fifty for one of these?
bs039yj8.jpg

Is a BJC better than the one above???

So I guess you have tried every cable with every piece of equipment?

I don't have any evidence that the BJCs are any better than the ones posted above. I can't claim that they are better.

Your "highend" cables probably cost roughly about the same to manufacture as the ones posted above. You paid a 10, 000% mark up. Snake oil cable companies love you.

May 31, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #1,340 of 1,535
i love the snake oil companies

i've got so much snake oil at home! at least 700 dollars worth of interconnects

just got a pair of cardas hexlink yesterday. theyre working quite well with the setup, more detail, instrument seperation clarity and wider soundstage. highs are smoother tho which is acceptable

May 31, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #1,341 of 1,535
Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have any evidence that the BJCs are any better than the ones posted above. I can't claim that they are better.

Your "highend" cables probably cost roughly about the same to manufacture as the ones posted above. You paid a 10, 000% mark up. Snake oil cable companies love you.

Posting specs based on speculation is the quickest way to insure no one ever listens to a word you say, don't let kids like crownroyal influence you. If you don't believe me then go back and read, you will see what I am talking about.

See here is the thing guys, I love my equipment and it isn't possible for me to care if you like yours because of the personal crap you put in your posts. If you wish to avoid the possibility of enjoying some nice cables because of misconceptions spread by inexperienced users then that is your problem.

Also, if you don't have equipment that is able to present the differences between cables then why even post here about cables? Common Sense dictates it is because you have some personal problems and if I don't care about your headphone equipment then how could I possibly care about your personal problems?

Crownroyal, this crap is endless with you, that is what the ignore list is for dude. Later.

May 31, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #1,342 of 1,535
Quote:

Originally Posted by endless402 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love the snake oil companies

i've got so much snake oil at home! at least 700 dollars worth of interconnects

just got a pair of cardas hexlink yesterday. theyre working quite well with the setup

lol, your cables are more expensive than your equipment. That's when you know you have a highend system. People screw the highend DACs and AMPs...cables is what matters
wink.gif

May 31, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #1,343 of 1,535
Quote:

lol, your cables are more expensive than your equipment. That's when you know you have a highend system. People screw the highend DACs and AMPs...cables is what matters
wink.gif

Your wrong, its in his signature that those cables are both for his speaker system and his headphone system.

Welcome to Reading Is Fundamental

May 31, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #1,345 of 1,535
To get back on track is not the current debate over the validity of DBT when applied to a subjective source. I will have to look some stuff up to see if artistic quality in any forum has ever been subjected to DBT for cross reference purposes. However I believe that at this point we should ask our selves a few quick questions (I will insert my personal answers).
1. Is what we are attempting to judge subjective (yes)
2. Do and can DBT apply to something that is subjective (probably not)
3. What can cause the above problem and can that be corrected (Well this is likely due to people being different from one another, therefore because two individuals are not likely to be the exact same they are not likely to have the exact same reaction to the same thing especially if the given thing is subjective in nature)

I would like to point out that at the current level of this debate the real question is of a more psychological nature.

Also I am tired and going to bed, also Red Wings kicked ass!

May 31, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #1,348 of 1,535
Quote:

Or people can use their own experience to decide for themselves.

Experience should generally be preferred over theory regardless of how good the reasoning is. See: problems with early Greek logic when applied to reasoning.

May 31, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #1,349 of 1,535
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Experience should generally be preferred over theory regardless of how good the reasoning is. See: problems with early Greek logic when applied to reasoning.

Well said!
wink.gif

May 31, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #1,350 of 1,535
Quote:

wink.gif

it's not 1 cable that costs 700, its many that brings it to a toal of 700...

you dont just get a cable and say that's the one that works with my system, you have to test out different cables.

i'm in the process of changing my speakers which means i have to find out which cables work the best

what kind of crap equipment do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back