Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Jan 7, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #256 of 862
Pulled the trigger on one of these today. Can't wait to see where it fits in with my Intruder, Leckerton UHA.6S-MKII, and HeadAmp Pico.

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #257 of 862
Quote:
Pulled the trigger on one of these today. Can't wait to see where it fits in with my Intruder, Leckerton UHA.6S-MKII, and HeadAmp Pico.

Hope you like it, Sound wise, as its really a "piece of ART".
With all its shortcomings (only 1 or  2..) its still one of my favorite amps (and dacs).

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #260 of 862
I ordered the venture raft cable and also found this one http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/micro-to-micro-otg.

Will using the wrong cable cause any issues with either the phone or the glacier? If so I just want to make sure I get the right cable the first time.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #261 of 862
Quote:
Rfi. And the thud when powering on with iems.

Yep, spot on....that's all.
The size, color , battery life, dac with PC, Dac with My Note2, volume, led color................etc...there are so many good things about this amp, that makes me want to own two!!!
Todd and Pete did their magic on it, and thank God we have them...Thank you Guys, you Rock
beerchug.gif

The Glacier Sq is so engaging, that you just want to keep on listing, and strangely my forgotten Sen. 598 shines with it, it brought it back  from its grave (the drawer).

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #262 of 862
Quote:
I ordered the venture raft cable and also found this one http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/micro-to-micro-otg.
Will using the wrong cable cause any issues with either the phone or the glacier? If so I just want to make sure I get the right cable the first time.

No, just this 

biggrin.gif

I spent about an hour testing with the Venture raft micro to micro (as it did not work) and some DIYing and soldering, until it worked, so nothing was killed in this procedure.

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #266 of 862
Quote:
It seems that link I posted earlier on the hack shop micro b cable is now sold out. Glad I ordered one this morning. I wonder if that cable will work.

Yes it does, red to the phone , black to the DAC.

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #267 of 862
Jan 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #269 of 862
Guys,

Anyone here have tried the Glaciers with HE-400 or other orthos? At first glance, I really love the sleek model of the Glaciers and from reviews their SQ are top notch. But the problem is the price, since after tax this could reach $600 where I could just buy an HE-500 to complement my HE-400.....

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #270 of 862
Quote:
Guys,

Anyone here have tried the Glaciers with HE-400 or other orthos? At first glance, I really love the sleek model of the Glaciers and from reviews their SQ are top notch. But the problem is the price, since after tax this could reach $600 where I could just buy an HE-500 to complement my HE-400.....

What source are you using? If your source isn't already pretty good not sure it is worth going to the HE500 without improving source first...

Anyways, mine is still shipping to me, so I have no personal experience, but with the gain on this it should have no trouble driving most orthos that aren't the HE-6. The Headphonia review virtually raved about how good the Glacier was with the LCD-2. I should get my Glacier late this week/early next, if nobody else has posted before then I will let you know how it is with my HE-6 and LCD-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back