Recent Images In This Thread
- productApex High Fi Audio Glacier Portable Amp/Dactagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPad MC705LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPhone 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung Galaxy Note 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productSamsung S3 4 GB Slim Portable Media Player (Pink)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone Elite Series or Ultimate Ears Pro Recommendations Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Smartphone with warm sound Last post on 2/18/14 at 12:21am in Portable Source Gear
- NWZ-F886 manufacturing defect Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:48am in Portable Source Gear
- Best Smartphone for audiophile Last post on Today at 2:26 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Originally Posted by turokrocks
Is that the venture craft cable that you've modified? The whole thing looks very neat!
The only reason stopping me from getting the Glacier is the availability of such a cable. I suck at soldering.
Yeah, to be honest I am also novice in soldering, and if you never try (even if you fail) you will never learn.
It was relatively simple to modify, and it looks neat.
I have the Hak5 shop cable, but its long and this looks neat.
I will try to help anyone who needs to modify it.
You can ask Frank , from Toxixcable (http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables) to make you one.
I will ask him to do one for me in the near future.
It will look miles better....
I know there are two different inputs for charging and usb in. Does the Glacier charge through the DAC usb input? I prefer it doesn't or can be disabled. I don't my galaxy S3s battery to drain out.
By default, yes it will charge from both, but pushing the gain and reset, will turn it off (even after a shut down, as to charging from the DAC).
Edited by turokrocks - 12/4/12 at 10:49am
Even with my Dx100 , I did not get such clarity and sound-stage.
I am happier with this setup, than the DX100, alas, no 96/24 capability (android limitation...for now)
Neutron with the Glacier, are giving me the chills............................
I was planning on saving up for a DX100 to pair with my 8A but it seems getting the Glacier and using it with my Note2 looks even more attractive now..
I do want to hear it!
It sounds like you are really happy with the DAC. That is the factor that is starting to intrigue me about the Glacier. Having heard the TTVJ Slim, I am confident that the amp section is good.
- Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing Telos Acoustics 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › Help on a Headphone for Rock and Metal 46 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › RWAK 120B 1 minute ago
- › Ray Samuels INTRUDER - $400 1 minute ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 4 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar STX + HD 598's settings help wanted 4 minutes ago
- › Cheap DAC recommendation 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3