Anyone know anything about the Sony DR-S3?
Nov 25, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #16 of 23
Nov 25, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #17 of 23
They are OK. Definitely cool in 1979. You should probably focus on modern headphones if you are interested in the sound. I went through a phase when I was younger of going through all kinds of headphones. I own over 400 pair. The truth is, I always prefer my Sennheiser hd650's, hd600's and hd580's over anything, even the hd800s. Get you a pair
I was looking around my local auction site when I spotted an auction for some as-new Sony DR-S3 headphones for really really cheap. They look pretty old, so maybe that means they're good! This is the auction: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...px?id=81211723

Anyone know anything about these headphones?

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #18 of 23
I think you'd be happier saving up for a pair of Sennheiser hd650's or go to Drop and get their version for around 200 bucks. You would have a pair that blows away the old Sony headphones and would be a pair you would pick out of a big pile.Trust me. I own over 500 pairs including those old Sony ds3.

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #23 of 23
Hello, I like to come here and learn a little bit of everything. This time I wanted to log in just to tell you that I found these headphones at my grandmother's house. I cleaned them a lot, I changed the earpads for thicker ones and the result is amazing. Maybe if I rewire them I will get better results with the treble sounds, but at the moment they are my favorites. My other pair are Shure SRH440 and I adore them, but the Sony ones are more fun to wear and now much more comfortable. I can use it for many hours without the problems I had with the previous pads. Greetings from Concepción, Chile

sony.jpg

IMG-20200314-104421.jpg

The difference is very big, because before they were very thin and could not last more than an hour with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back