Anyone Heard Zues Headphoneamp?
Dec 28, 2002 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

bozebuttons

Co-organized 1st International HF Meet (NY 2006)
Godfather of Babylon
Has Anyone Heard the zeus headphone amp? Only thing I saw is stereotimes reviews. Looking for impressions from Headfi member who actually heard one.

Dec 29, 2002 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 34
A few years ago I had looked into one. I never could find out too much about it. I'm wondering how great it coulb be if no one here has said anything about it. Is it still produced?
confused.gif

Dec 29, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 34
It's the greatest headphone amp that no one has never heard or one of them.

That and the legendary Giant Moth Amp which could have been the greatest headphone amp that was ever made, but no one never heard it as well. It was released before this hobby really took off, had been released today, all those R10 owners would have gotten one.

Dec 29, 2002 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
It is still $1595 at audioweb.

The audioweb price has stayed the same for the last couple of years. Since then Fuchs raised their price considerably. It makes me wonder if that audioweb page is still current. (insert two dunno smilies)

Dec 29, 2002 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 34
I emailed andy fuchs about price and possible audition, waiting for reply.I have been eyeballing this amp for awhile and may just order one.

Dec 30, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 34
I talked with Fuchs, I was quoted $800 on order, $800 after the amp was finished. This included shipping to my door. I can't tell you much else. Just because it says $2000 on the page, doesn't mean he won't cut you a deal.

Dec 30, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 34
bozebuttons: Andy would be very smart to lend you an amp. If your reviews come back positive...people will be more inclined to actually buy his amp, me included. I have been close a few times, but the reselling of the amp, if it didn't match others beneath its price point made me shy away. If it can take down say...the EAR or Cary or match it at least....then I could very well be in for one in a few months.

Dec 30, 2002 at 9:21 PM Post #14 of 34
I spoke to Andy at Fuchs Audio. He has actually stopped production of zeus due to his growing musical equipment production side of his bussiness. But is considering starting production in the spring. Good news is he is sending the unit
that they took pictures of for audioweb for me to audition.I will post my Impressions after I am able to get some time on it.

Dec 30, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 34
Excellent!

Congrats Bozebuttons, this will be absolutely wonderful to read. Please compare diligently with the Cary, the Melos and whatever other fine tube amps you have cooking over there. R10's, HP-1's and RS-1's as well. Demanding I know...but if all goes well with this....the Zeus may find a home next to my Melos. I have long stared at the Zeus, admiring the pics, but after only one professional review, I didn't go for it.

I'm excited, I'm sure you can tell
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back