Anyone else here hate Henry Rollins?
Apr 17, 2003 at 4:59 AM Post #46 of 48
[size=small]I like Henry Rollins; I do not like his band, or Black Flag. I don't think melody is his thing either... Illumination from "Get Some Go Again" is okay.
[/size]

Apr 17, 2003 at 9:42 AM Post #47 of 48
So, based off this vague lumping of anyone playing guitar rock as being unoriginal, I guess Beethoven wasn't doing anything original for piano, string quartets or symphonies, cause hell, he was using the same instruments as Mozart!
rolleyes.gif

To me originality has way more to do with what's going on in the music itself than with what instruments they choose to perform it on.

Apr 20, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #48 of 48
I just didn't want east-side-metalhead feeling alone here: U2 sounds pretty derivative to me, too. Doesn't mean they're not good -- that's a personal opinion. I listen to a lot of very original-sounding music (no music is original any more -- all of it is found in the ether, the best one can do is put it together in interesting ways), but I also listen to a lot of very derivative sounding music (Golden Earring, New Model Army, Hot Hot Heat, The Faint), which I still find very interesting.

I think a follow-up thread to kelly/Tuberoller's "You are not your gear" thread needs to come up: You are not the bands that you listen to.

Back to Henry Rollins: he has always had a great sense of humour about himself. I remember in one video, he was carousing around in the waves on the beach, which was an explicit Madonna reference. In the movie, Johnny Mnemonic, he allowed himself to be crucified.

Henry Rollins for president!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back