Anyone else get this unscolicited PM?
Mar 16, 2010 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

nikongod

DIY-ku
Quote:

Good morning. Having read many members posts with a certain headphone trying to match it up with the best amp, and I have a dilemma. I have the Senn650, AKG701, BeyerDT990@600, and saw your amp selection. This Easter I plan on getting a new amp and was wondering from what you have, (and which amps you may have heard), that would have no problems with using the 3 phones of mine above? I am leaning toward a solid state but would change to tube. I don't want to go over $1000. I listen to New Age, classical, and the blues and classic rock. Thanks in advance....

The vast majority of my gear is Vintage or stuff I designed. It feels exceptionally generic.

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 17
Cmoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 17
What is wrong is when you answer a question as well as you can, and they don't respond! I guess they know I'm full of it.
tongue.gif

Goodness, baka1969, you've got a lot of stuff! How did you like Vick?
So, um kboe, how do you like the Amphora?
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 17
You should do what I do. I keep a list of Moon landing conspiracy comments from Youtube videos that I use as my responses to undesired PMs. It's fun to see how long the conversation can carry on. Example responses include:

"What's the albedo of your soul - zero."

"You're not even worth the? civility of a reply.
You're lucky you're so dumb you have no idea just how dumb you really are."

"You just got anuvver ASBO mate, bugger off back to the estate wiv yoor mowter."

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 17
Didn't get that one. but I have been asked about things from random headfiers, and most of them are now talked to a few times a week, I have also sent pm's and if they anwer, fine.if not, that's ok too. I can truly understand how some may not feel comfortable with it. For me, it's part of headfi. I have been turned onto much new music this way. If you're not comfortable.don't answer. I wouldn't take offense, and doubt many would.

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is wrong is when you answer a question as well as you can, and they don't respond! I guess they know I'm full of it.
tongue.gif

Goodness, baka1969, you've got a lot of stuff! How did you like Vick?
So, um kboe, how do you like the Amphora?
biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
You corrupted me! Vick was great but had to move on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back