Anybody want a Wii?
Nov 26, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't they're they're sucky, but some of their latest DS games were all hype. Left me quite disappointed, I hope zelda/castlevania aren't too simple/short/kiddie.

Once again, moot for the time being. We'll have to see how future games are, to decide if nintendo starts borderin' on sucky.
tongue.gif

The "kiddie" thing and Nintendo is actually a pretty amazing story concocted by one of the most brilliant people to ever work in the gaming industry. I'd invite you to read this article before using it... you're simply a tool of a great ad campaign if you do.

Sega-16 interviews Tom Kalinske

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody want a Wii?

No, thank you!
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #48 of 56
wiiiiiiiiiiiis available at Best Buy in 10 minutes.............. RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Husband just called and he was able to find one, there was a small line to get in but plenty of wiis for all. I'll see you all in a few weeks.

Nov 26, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The "kiddie" thing and Nintendo is actually a pretty amazing story concocted by one of the most brilliant people to ever work in the gaming industry. I'd invite you to read this article before using it... you're simply a tool of a great ad campaign if you do.

Yeah... I call em kiddie cause many of nintendo's (recent) first-party games appear to family/youth-oriented. (and often simple) I have a ds, had a snes, used n64/nes a lot.

Nov 26, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah... I call em kiddie cause many of nintendo's (recent) first-party games appear to family/youth-oriented. (and often simple) I have a ds, had a snes, used n64/nes a lot.

Did you read the interview though? Check it out.

Nov 26, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #51 of 56
Thanks for the article Mercuttio. Absolutely amazing read, as a long time gamer, I thought that I was already well versed in all the key figureheads in the industry, so it's amazing that I did not know who Tom Kalinske was. I knew Bernie Stolar and Peter Moore, but not this guy? Unbelievable. Anyway, a very impressive man, who knows what today would be like if he was still with Sega. Sega may very well have had the dominating console today
eek.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #52 of 56
Wow...

Hey guys, I'm back from camping out at Best Buy for 5 hours (5 am to 10 am).

Was it worth it?

Well, I feel more relieved that I got it over with, because this will probably get worse over the coming weeks in terms of waiting out in the cold for one.

But what really makes this special to me was that I was the last one in line to get a Wii (51 Wiis; is that a valid plural form?). I was happy, but at the same time I couldn't look at the rest of the line behind me (it was fairly long).

The worst part though is that I can't open it up until my birthday (December 6), so the Wii and Zelda and Monkey Ball will be sitting next to me unopened for awhile.

So glad I have a Wii now though!
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the article Mercuttio. Absolutely amazing read, as a long time gamer, I thought that I was already well versed in all the key figureheads in the industry, so it's amazing that I did not know who Tom Kalinske was. I knew Bernie Stolar and Peter Moore, but not this guy? Unbelievable. Anyway, a very impressive man, who knows what today would be like if he was still with Sega. Sega may very well have had the dominating console today
eek.gif

Frankly, nobody even IDENTIFIED those types of games as being targeted specifically to a younger audience before Tom Kalinske's marketing campaign really took hold. Not that Nintendo helped their case much after with the MK2 censoring. Hell, those ads worked on me when I was a kid, and it's incredible to think it's still working today... YEARS after Sega left the console manufacturing biz.

Nov 26, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sega-16 interviews Tom Kalinske

dude, lots of nintendo games are targeted towards children, that's not a myth; they certainly aren't all that way; i do remember playing quite a wonderful title on my gamecube called resident evil 4

and, i'm not digging the wii too much; twilight princess looks nice, but i'm not sure i care so much about zelda anymore; it's also difficult to go back to a wii-level graphics after playing my xbox360; but i'll no doubt get a wii when i can get a killer price and there are more than one must-have game, and when i get a projector so can have some wii-parties on big screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back