Anybody want a Wii?
Nov 25, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rreynol says:

That won't happen until after Christmas.

Only 29 more days before the Wii Suck Bombs begin to fly.
tongue.gif

It seems to be the common result for any of the Wii related threads on other forums. I have one and I've been playing it nonstop since I got it (and yes, the PS3 and 360 graphics are way better). Oh.....and I paid retail for it.

Nov 25, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #32 of 56
If the wii is just souped-up GC, then the graphics shouldn't be too bad.

Nov 26, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because they're the only company making money off their consoles.
eggosmile.gif

Sony/Microsoft will eventually make $$$$ off software/peripherals etc, an initial loss ain't no biggie.
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #36 of 56
IMHO Wii will hold its own, it will have different market and it will be popular among casual gamers. Hardcore gamers will choose either PS3 or 360. Just look at DS vs PSP.

Nov 26, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

But for every system they sell, they're losing hundreds of dollars.
Which is actually quite sad. :/

They know... but it's the only way for them. Nintendo can pull it off cause their system is much cheaper to make, they can charge $250 and be like "la la la" mofos. If sony/microsoft charged full price (just to break even), each system would be almost a $1000 a piece, which is a little too much for joe gamer. (Ebay richboys aside)

I'm sure sony's gonna make a buttload when mgs, dmc, and all them come out, they're just biding their time with barely adequate launch titles.
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #38 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony/Microsoft will eventually make $$$$ off software/peripherals etc, an initial loss ain't no biggie.
tongue.gif

Microsoft was *hoping* that this would be the case, but last generation, they lost a significant amount of money selling the systems at a loss and failed to recoup with software and peripheral sales.

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #39 of 56
My brother payed $425 for one on ebay. Sucks to be him, cuz I get to play it, and I didnt pay a dime for it
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope... Nintendo is a pretty sucky company right now

They... are?

Uh oh, are you dumb?

Nov 26, 2006 at 7:21 AM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzmix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Microsoft was *hoping* that this would be the case, but last generation, they lost a significant amount of money selling the systems at a loss and failed to recoup with software and peripheral sales.

I remember reading an interview with someone high up at Microsoft before they released the Xbox and they were saying that they were hoping to break even about 10 years (or maybe more) after they started out. If I remember correctly they actually did better on the original Xbox then they were hoping in the end.

Of course with a company the size of Microsoft with the amount of cash that they make they aren't so bothered about losing out on the sale of the console as they aim to be in this market for a very long time.

Nov 26, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #43 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They... are?

Uh oh, are you dumb?

Yeah, they suck quite a bit as the DS is selling more than twice the PSP and the Wii is actually making profit.

Quite a sucky company right there.

Nov 26, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #44 of 56
Quote:

Yeah, they suck quite a bit as the DS is selling more than twice the PSP and the Wii is actually making profit.

Quite a sucky company right there.

I mean, seriously... what's Oistrakh's deal? You'd have to be either immensely ignorant or massively stupid to ignore Nintendo's incredible upswing in the gaming market. Doesn't matter if you like what they put on the table or not... saying something filled to the brim with such sheer and bitter stupid as "Nintendo is a pretty sucky company right now" is just incredible.

And for Oistrakh's next act, the comeback "Shut up, your mother."

Nov 26, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #45 of 56
I don't they're they're sucky, but some of their latest DS games were all hype. Left me quite disappointed, I hope zelda/castlevania aren't too simple/short/kiddie.

Quote:

Wii is actually making profit.

Once again, moot for the time being. We'll have to see how future games are, to decide if nintendo starts borderin' on sucky.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back