Anybody thinking about giving up Head-Fi for Lent?
Feb 14, 2002 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

legoman

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody thinking about giving up Head-Fi for Lent? It would probably help out the economy by increasing productivity. Also, you could prove you are the toughest guy on the block, because let's face it: What is tougher: Giving up coffee, cigarettes, or giving up Head-Fi?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 13
Lent for those in the unknown...is the Liturgical season prior to Easter Sunday/Resurrection of Jesus. It consists of 40 days which are representative of the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert discerning and undergoing severe fasting and testing by Lucifer. It is a time of penance and constant reminder of the Sacrifice Jesus performed for mankind. Christians uphold this time, especially Roman Catholics who historically have given up "goodies" during these 40 days.

As a pastoral shift, many priests encourage people to increase in good deeds and prayer, rather than give up chocolate or coke for 40 days.

As for me giving up head-fi? No way
smily_headphones1.gif

Course, if I could't live without it for 40 days, then I would be in trouble....

Can I live without my headphones? Now that is another matter altogether...

Feb 15, 2002 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 13
in the words of Edna Krabopple: HA!
biggrin.gif

besides, I'm not Christian, so I guess for me it's a moot point.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2002 at 7:21 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Isn't it Krabapple?

actually we're both wrong. it's Krabappel.
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 13
As if being religious required a bible? Less then 25% of the world is christian. Many, many people are of a different faith.

I just found out what Lent was about in the past week. Christians, catholics in particular, excuse my ignorance.

And I would definantly say giving up head-fi would be harder then coffee or cigarettes since I don't do either. I would much rather give up head-fi then many other things, however, music being one of them.

Feb 20, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #13 of 13
Hehe......let's see...........no.

God damn. All of us all are insanely addicted/obessed huh? Eh, oh well....

Back to music........
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back