Any tweaks I have missed?
Oct 7, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #46 of 56
Wow the whole bottle of basil is gone by the last picture!

I think you need to read in between the lines. "Basil" may be code for something else... like... oh i don't know... marijuana?

Just a guess..

Oct 8, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry but dried basil is anathema.

There is nothing better then fresh basil. Spend the extra money and use it!

Out of season not that easy to get, fresh basil. So, dried basil is not that bad at all and a good alternative.

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #49 of 56
Oh, Patrick, as for tweaks you missed . . .

Get a pizza stone! They make an unbelievable difference. Depending on your oven a "heat shield" from aluminum might also help a ton.

Also, you should try to get a copy of this (read sample). It is by far the best cookbook out there when it comes to pizza, especially since it focuses on the "why" as much as the "how" which really helps trying to figure out how to tweak it to make it better.

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

All basil sounds the same.

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Why would he spend the extra money for fresh basil when he could spend it on better tweaks instead?

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found this to be the most effective sonic tweek by far:

comptonkush_small.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does basil have to do with sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basil? What are you high or something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried the basil tweak on top of every food I ate. There was no difference in sound. I haven't been using it for 2 months now and there is still no difference.

[pictures removed]

I... uh, wow. I'm sorry I made you eat basil for 2 months.

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I... uh, wow. I'm sorry I made you eat basil for 2 months.

My sense of humor isn't.

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #54 of 56
Perhaps. If you haven't already done it you should consider getting your wisdom teeth extracted. There is one member who swears by it.
blink.gif
I don't think the level of discourse in this part of the forum was ever especially strong. But at least it was, for the most part, relevant in spite of all the combativeness.

I fear we are not too far way from people making claims that burning incense in their listening room, or sprinkling bat guano on their gear, or drinking a few stiff martinis (some of you need this more than others), can improve the quality of sound that emanates from your speakers. Yes, I am skeptical of bizarre and fantastic claims; I believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. However, I find well-articulated anecdotal evidence interesting and worthwhile though do not consider it conclusive. I have tried to take both sides of the debate seriously. Nevertheless, I have reached a point where I don't know if I can continue to do that any longer.

Whatever status this area of Head-Fi might have enjoyed as a serious discussion venue has been crushed in recent months by a stream of banal threads that fail to contribute a single thing to our hobby. Those of you responsible know who you are.

I think it is time for me to retreat to areas of Head-Fi where there appears to be a genuine interest in mature discussion of home audio. This place has become little more than a waste of my valuable time.

--Jerome

Oct 9, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find that music sounds better when I shave my face.

See ya
Steve

Actually, I find this to be absolutely true. I kept hearing a small popping noise that would come and go as it pleased. Finally, I realized it was the stubble on my face rubbing my headphones.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back