Banned
I have found:

Vibration
Power
EMI/RFI
Burn-in
Temperature and humidity
Ambient noise

I can't find anything else. Are there any enviromental interferences I don't know about?

Maybe I can eat some vitamins to boost up my hearing? I can experiment with different food to see how it affects the hearing!

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I can eat some vitamins to boost up my hearing? I can experiment with different food to see how it affects the hearing!

yeah try that. Do only vegetables vs. only meats vs. mix of both. Then try different percentages in the mix...

Good luck!

Jul 12, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have found:

Vibration
Power
EMI/RFI
Burn-in
Temperature and humidity
Ambient noise

I can't find anything else. Are there any enviromental interferences I don't know about?

did you tweak your brain? oh just so happen to be the MOST IMPORTANT tweak EVER!!! you should try that sometimes. (I am not joking) You do have to discover the procedures yourself though, everyone is different.

Jul 12, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you tweak your brain? oh just so happen to be the MOST IMPORTANT tweak EVER!!! you should try that sometimes. (I am not joking) You do have to discover the procedures yourself though, everyone is different.

Yes, I have started tweaking my body already. The brain is more complex.

Jul 12, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 56
I find that music sounds better when I shave my face.

See ya
Steve

Jul 12, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #8 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See ya
Steve

I also find that my music sounds better when you shave your face.

Jul 12, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 56
Actually, I found mushroom is really good for soundstage.
Have you also try strapping yourself down (with ground strap), this really reduce the noise floor and reveal more detail. Ever wonder why dogs have better hearing? That's because they're closer to the ground.
Also try large amount of wasabi, this will clear your nasal passage and make the ear canal resonance longer and extend the high end of your hearing to 25KHz or more.
Shaving of course will make music sound better because you have less of an acoustic reflective surface. As a matter of fact you should shave your entire body just like the swimmer.

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #10 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See ya
Steve

x2 = Better soundstage , increased bass response + the 'unveiling' of my HD650s.

Jul 12, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 56
Background radiation, whether it's from terrestrial sources or in the form of cosmic rays hitting the atmosphere. A lot of materials, granite being the most common, will emit low levels of background radiation. Needless to say this is a bad thing. The same is also true of cosmic rays when they interact with air molecules in the atmosphere, it also creates low-level radiation along with radioactive isotopes. Definitely a bad thing. You need to protect yourself and your equipment from the radiation, and the answer lies in your dentist's office; lead sheets. Consider shielding your room and your equipment with lead, and you might also wish to look into the lead-lined aprons & other clothing used in hospitals to protect against x-rays.

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Background radiation, whether it's from terrestrial sources or in the form of cosmic rays hitting the atmosphere. A lot of materials, granite being the most common, will emit low levels of background radiation. Needless to say this is a bad thing. The same is also true of cosmic rays when they interact with air molecules in the atmosphere, it also creates low-level radiation along with radioactive isotopes. Definitely a bad thing. You need to protect yourself and your equipment from the radiation, and the answer lies in your dentist's office; lead sheets. Consider shielding your room and your equipment with lead, and you might also wish to look into the lead-lined aprons & other clothing used in hospitals to protect against x-rays.

I think Roam might be onto something here Patrick. A lead-lined apron /K1000 combination would be the envy of many of us here on Head-Fi.

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #13 of 56
I find that there is a definate correlation between gin consumption and audio experience. My research needs more time though. Lesser gins do not seem to carry as much authority into the enhancement of the experience as greater gins. The mixer also seems to have a large impact, tonic water and Kinnie are both far better than soda water and coke. Irn Bru seems to make me confused and the sound gets muddled.

The problem is also that addign too much of this tweek makes the sound get worse again, very sharply after the peak of enhancement, if you go one little bit over, you lose everything you have gained.

I intend to have a full review on the gintastic impacts on sound ready sometime in 2008.

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find that there is a definate correlation between gin consumption and audio experience. My research needs more time though. Lesser gins do not seem to carry as much authority into the enhancement of the experience as greater gins. The mixer also seems to have a large impact, tonic water and Kinnie are both far better than soda water and coke. Irn Bru seems to make me confused and the sound gets muddled.

The problem is also that addign too much of this tweek makes the sound get worse again, very sharply after the peak of enhancement, if you go one little bit over, you lose everything you have gained.

I intend to have a full review on the gintastic impacts on sound ready sometime in 2008.

The problem here is that Patrick is a huge skeptic about using alcohol as a tweak.

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #15 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I realize that you are somewhat of a gadfly in these forums taking things to extremes. Oddly you seem to be missing disc tweaks, such as polishes, mats, rings etc. I personally am very pleased with the disc trimmer

http://www.musicdirect.com/products/...p?sku=ADESKSYS

It is rather expensive, but the sonic improvements are definitely in line with the price.

I tried CD tweaks 2 years ago and they gave me as small improvements as Brilliant Pebbles. I don't think my Cary 303/300 benefits from disc tweaks, it uses a high speed drive to buffer the data instead of running at 1x speed like normal players do.

I had two AudioDesk trimmers and both of them had problems. The first one had the plate wobbling and the 2nd one made noise at high rpm, the 2nd one was wobbling too. So I returned the AudioDesk.

I found some old videos:

http://poollogics.is-a-geek.net/pict...bling_divx.avi

http://poollogics.is-a-geek.net/pict...-wobbling1.avi

http://poollogics.is-a-geek.net/pict...-wobbling2.avi

http://poollogics.is-a-geek.net/pict...Desk-noise.avi

I also had Furutech RD-2 demagnetizer which I returned also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back