Any Predictions for Macworld Expo?
Jan 14, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #31 of 152
Though Mac users are a subset of iTunes users.
wink.gif

And I assume the Netflix move is a response to Apple, not the other way around. Either way Blockbuster may be the loser.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #32 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though Mac users are a subset of iTunes users.
wink.gif

And I assume the Netflix move is a response to Apple, not the other way around. Either way Blockbuster may be the loser.

yep...although attendees at MW are most definitely mac users and not just itunes users, no?
wink.gif

blockbuster online has just raised its rates again, second time in a year...i want to switch to netflix but the in-store rentals are too good to pass up right now.

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #33 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep...although attendees at MW are most definitely mac users and not just itunes users, no?
wink.gif

True, although Macworld is likely less about that week (and the attendants) than the announcements for the market (and press). Plus some years seem more iPodworld than Macworld (rumor is there will be a iPod influenced 'car' on display this year). Last year was arguably not a Mac year with the iPhone. If Apple becomes more and more a content provider (though distribution channels and hardware) I think it will even been less Mac-focused in the near future (iPhone, iTablet, Airport, Safari for Windows, etc.). This is one of the reasons Apple is increasingly better positioned than Microsoft for the future in a non-OS/"cloud" world. And speaking of that rivalry, Google is having a presence at MW this year. Talk about ganging up to fight the bully.
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #34 of 152
what will google's presence be at macworld? the last couple of MWs they've had a booth where they've shown some of their apps and services...i won't be attending this year since i've moved from the bay area (sniff sniff), but i'll be "Cmd+R"-ing tuesday morning during the keynote
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #35 of 152
1 more day: Steve, if you are secretly a head-fi member, please give us a MBP tablet! I am (and my back is) really tired of having to carry my PB G4 + [slate] tablet PC to every conference I attend. Why must you punish us like this???
rolleyes.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #37 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems to not be completely reliable, but Wired says...

airbook_side.jpg

yeah, i just saw this article, too...looks pretty sharp, if you ask me. even if it's a fraud i do think they were smart to keep it consistent with the current products - the aluminum/glass/black border and also the hinge that is similar to how the new keyboards look...

Jan 15, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #39 of 152
Well if that pretty little thing (or something a lot like it) is released in a few hours, I'll have a hard time buying what I really should get (an iMac or mini).

I've not got my hopes up. I'm imagining something more along the lines of the current Mac Book, just a tad thinner by virtue of being made with aluminum rather than plastic. And black with a silver apple like the splash page, not solid aluminum.

I really don't think "Air" has anything to do with the hardware tomorrow, but the software.

--Chris

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #41 of 152
45 minutes remaining.
So we are soon to find out what Steve have up his sleeves this time...

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #43 of 152
If they issue a super slim notebook as the rumour mills suggest they might, I'm screwed!
I promised to buy the Mrs one after I splurged on a 17" MacBook Pro.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish Steve's reality distortion field extended to hiding the Apple prices from the better half.
cool.gif

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #44 of 152
30 minutes in: nothing good: backups for laptops and and iphone stuff: boring!!!

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #45 of 152
Online movie rentals: Movies rentals at $2.99 or $3.99/movie sounds nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back