Any Predictions for Macworld Expo?
Dec 30, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 152
The buzz I have been hearing is that they are going to release a ~12" version of the Macbook Pro like the old 12" Powerbook G4.

Dec 30, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 152
I predict, and wish they release, these two products.
* 13.3" MacBook Pro. To succeed the long gone 12" PowerBook G4.
* Updated AirPort Express. With support for IEEE 802.11n and bit/sample rates above 16-bit/44.1kHz (ex. 24-bit/96kHz).

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 152
what i want:
- 10" 3lb. subnotebook
- iphone v.2 w/at least 16gb storage and 3G
- new LCD monitors
- revamped external isight
- studio quality mic

what we'll probably get:
- itunes movie rentals
- 16GB iphone w/no 3G
- iphone SDK
- minor updates to macbook pro

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what i want:
- 10" 3lb. subnotebook

I would be all over that in a heartbeat. I wonder what the "One More Thing" will be this year also.

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #10 of 152
A Macbook Pro convertible tablet would be heavenly!!! Of course, there is about a 1% chance that will happen.
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #11 of 152
1. The rumoured 12'' or 13'' sub-portable notebook with NAND flash memory instead of a conventional hard drive leading to extremely long battery life. 50% thinner than existing MBPs thereby discarding the optical drive. Retailing for $1500.

2. 3G iphone by June.

Jan 13, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #14 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5% of the Computer Market will be very excited.

95% of the Computer Market will not care.

aah, right. the marketshare myth again
rolleyes.gif

i see you're still spreading your mac-hate, eh ed? you sure worry a lot about the "5%"...

Jan 13, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #15 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5% of the Computer Market will be very excited.

95% of the Computer Market will not care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aah, right. the marketshare myth again
rolleyes.gif

i see you're still spreading your mac-hate, eh ed? you sure worry a lot about the "5%"...

Wrong percentages. The MacWorld Expo now concerns not just those (now growing) 8%, but the 69% of portable media player users with iPods and the .17% (don't laugh, that's pretty good in the glutted cell phone industry) of cell users with iPhones.

Remember, it's no longer Apple Computer, Inc. but Apple, Inc.

--Chris

PS - I think there will be new aluminum Mac Books which more or less will be the "ultra portable" everyone is dreaming about, not a special UMPC with fancy schmancy touchpads or touchscreens and perhaps not even flash drives except as a CTO option (let's hope not for cost's sake).

My personal wish is for refreshed Mac minis, at least with a Santa Rosa chipset or a lower price point (since the old chipset is now so dated). I'm not holding my breath.

But the big news will be HD content on iTunes and perhaps some improved iPhone features (3G?). And something to do with wireless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back