Any particularly great bluetooth head sets? Ps3/Ps4
Jul 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
I already have a set of Sennheiser 598's that I absolutely love. They are wonderful for both gaming and music and any general task I could want to do on my computer. They work fine where I do most of my gaming but, I've been getting back into playstation games as well lately. I've been playing  a good bit more PS3 trying to "wrap up" my must play games list before PS4 launches.

My T.V. speakers are fine for watching netflix/movies and such but, they are a bit sub par when it comes to games. There is too much going on in the games for my speakers to really keep up and it can be hard to hear someone talking, noises in the back ground + whatever music is going on in the background. This isn't really a big issue on all games but, for a few it becomes very apparent the sound quality is lacking.

I know all in one head sets are traditionally frowned upon here but, I don't really get much choice in the matter. My PS3/TV is too far away for me to use my ATH ES7's and I don't like the idea of the cord for my  Senn 598's stretching across the room. Even if either of those options actually worked, when PS4 rolls out I'd still have to find a way to talk to other people.

Price really isn't much of an issue so much as whatever set I get being worth it. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to the horrors of gaming on sub par speakers. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #2 of 5
How about a bluetooth transmitter and a receiver with mic powering your hd598?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 5
I'd considered such a device but, when I noticed the price ranging pretty wildly, I figured it may be a safer bet to just grab a new set of cans. 

I'm willing to give it a shot if someone has a decent set up but, it seems like it might be more trouble than it is worth if I have to switch the audio and such constantly.

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 5
Extension cord baby!

All the Bluetooth pretty much suck. You can get the top of the line wireless senns, but your wallet will bleed.

Speakers? Any are better than the TVs speakers.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 5
We have a set of Bose Model 101 Series II Music Monitors but, I think I'd need to buy additional equipment to use them. If I needed an amp/receiver that would easily shoot past the cost of a headset and it would unfortunately leave me without a mic if I needed on in the future.

Considering the mixamp pro but, I could get the Pulse Elite Sony headset for the same price on amazon.|

At this point, my wallet seems to be slightly bloody no matter what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back