Any news from Warren-Audio
Mar 3, 2011 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kiertijai

1000+ Head-Fier

I have ordered  several cables and adapter cables from Rick Warren @Warren-audio.com
the first shipment is very good.  However I haven't received the second order which Rick claimed that he had sent that.  I waited until the paypal limit of 45 days expired because Rick did not want us to go to the resolution center.  Because I did not receive the adapter cable I have asked Rick to resend the adapter cables which Rick had agreed to do so and
I paid the Fedex shipment for him because I think it may be the problem with CanadaPost
However after that additional payment I did not receive any news from Rick again and it's almost 5 weeks now.  Has anyone heard anything from Rick Warren?

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 15
What shipping method did he use? Anything with a tracking number?

Mar 3, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 15
The first one that arrived very quickly was Fedex economy?
The second one that never arrived was Canadapost.
I had waited for almost 45 days for this one until I decided to go to the paypal resolution center,
at that time I would like to buy some time for the item to arrive because I had problems of much delay
with the Canadapost before.  However Rick wrote me and would like me to withdraw from the dispute,
which I agreed to do so knowing that I would not get my money back.  I waited for almost may be 3 weeks
more before I asked Rick to resend me the adapter cables. I thought  it was not his fault so  I proposed that I was
willing to pay for the shipment via Fedex economy and he would resend the adapter cable.  I also sent
the payment as a gift because I felt bad for him to lose the adapter cable trusting that he would resend the
cable.  However after the payment there was no response from Rick.  I am still optimistic that there may be
some problem with the server as happened with some Thai members with apuresound.  They could get
to Alex via head-fi post and I am trying to do the same.

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 15
I know that he has been around in the last few days on the forums.

I'd try calling him. Seems his phone number is available publicly online via the whois details of his old domain, fidelity-audio.com.  Google "online whois" and look it up for his phone number. :wink:

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 15
I have ordered  several cables and adapter cables from Rick Warren @Warren-audio.com
the first shipment is very good.  However I haven't received the second order which Rick claimed that he had sent that.  I waited until the paypal limit of 45 days expired because Rick did not want us to go to the resolution center.  Because I did not receive the adapter cable I have asked Rick to resend the adapter cables which Rick had agreed to do so and
I paid the Fedex shipment for him because I think it may be the problem with CanadaPost
However after that additional payment I did not receive any news from Rick again and it's almost 5 weeks now.  Has anyone heard anything from Rick Warren?

RSVP

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #10 of 15
Dear Lil' Knight
    I have emailed him at least 5 times during the past 2 weeks but never got an answer.
    It is quite difficult for me to call because of the 12 hours time difference and I
have my own job to do so.
    This has been working well with other Thai head-fiers with other after the market cable.
The failure of response at other after the market cable was due to server failure and after
communication through head-fi  we have got the result.

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #12 of 15
Well, you've learned to A: Never send payments for goods as a "gift" as you have no fallback. Also, letting him persuade you to not file a dispute on an item he should have sent via FedEx or at least EMS (Express) is the epitome of crazy.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #13 of 15
Dear Currawong,
   I admitted that by  a regular person standard I may be crazy but there are other things besides that which I think I can not do.
When he said that he had to pay the rent and his money was frozen , what will you do?  He proposed to resend me the cable right away
but I didn't want him to do that expecting that the adapter cables might come in late because there was evidence that he did ship the
cable and I thought it was Canadapost 's fault.  So I waited for another 3 weeks and then asked him to resend the cable and I felt bad
at the time knowing that he may be in trouble financially so it's my idea that I sent the payment as a gift because I did not want to worsen
his situation.   Again I was very reluctant to post in head-fi but finally decided to do that as there were several Thai members did not
receive the cables from another after the market cable because of the server problems? and could get in touch with the supplier through
the posting  in head-fi.   I may look soft or crazy but I can not do something that will hurt other when you are in a better situation.  I also
optimistic that from head-fi I will get some solution or some better idea.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #15 of 15
Dear All,
   Rick has responded.
   He had some problems as expected but I truly understand , wish him the best of luck
   Thanks for all the help and concer
   Case closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back