Any custom iem manufacturers beside earsonics with upgrade plans?
Jan 25, 2011 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I havent bought any customs yet but, even although earsonics has no dealers in the Netherlands and acs does I am leaning strongly towards earsonics because they offer an upgrade plan so you can buy a cheaper custom first and then have it upgraded to a highe rmodel later while you only pay the price difference. I found this quite compelling and infact logical. So I am wondering if more custom iem manufacturers offer this kind of service? Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
Hi, I havent bought any customs yet but, even although earsonics has no dealers in the Netherlands and acs does I am leaning strongly towards earsonics because they offer an upgrade plan so you can buy a cheaper custom first and then have it upgraded to a highe rmodel later while you only pay the price difference. I found this quite compelling and infact logical. So I am wondering if more custom iem manufacturers offer this kind of service? Greetings, Anouk,

not that I know of....

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 9
For Future Sonics, they have a different sort of upgrade for sure, though. When the next generation driver comes out, you can send in your old one and get the new driver plus new cables/tested/re-tuned for a fraction of the cost of a new custom.

I like that.

You'd have to write and see if they offer the kind of upgrade path with their two custom models you're looking for.

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #5 of 9
Not an upgrade plan proper but, at least, an upgrade policy with discounts: http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=124&Itemid=223

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Hey, Interesting, although I think I will buy something from Europe. Still I think its a good policy.

For a custom, it's very, very wise to buy locally. Imagine spending a $1000 and then waiting 6 weeks, hearing them for a day and then sending them back in for a re-fit for another month and a half...
Even with the best ear impressions (get them from the most experienced audiologist you can), you can still need re-fits.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Quote:
Hey, Interesting, although I think I will buy something from Europe. Still I think its a good policy.

For a custom, it's very, very wise to buy locally. Imagine spending a $1000 and then waiting 6 weeks, hearing them for a day and then sending them back in for a re-fit for another month and a half...
Even with the best ear impressions (get them from the most experienced audiologist you can), you can still need re-fits.

good point, only reason I am currently avoiding unique melody, if they move the entire operations to the US, i have no doubt they will become even more popular

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Hi, Well in Nl you cant go to an audiologist fo rear impressions you will have to do with a hearing aid store. The only customs I can get locally are the acs t1 (I dont like the housing though) and the ultimate ears, in which I am not interested. Greetings, Anouk,

"rear impressions" Hmm, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back