Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 15, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #4,817 of 6,444
i finished Crest of the Stars the other night. and man how refreshing that show is compared to everything coming out these days. Its a bit slow, but its definitely worth it to stick with it! i cant wait to start watching banner of the stars next.

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #4,818 of 6,444

Quote:
i finished Crest of the Stars the other night. and man how refreshing that show is compared to everything coming out these days. Its a bit slow, but its definitely worth it to stick with it! i cant wait to start watching banner of the stars next.

Yeah, the pacing is very very deliberate in that one, but I never found that it particularly dragged.  Man...I think I may have to go back and watch the series again.

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #4,820 of 6,444

Quote:
haha yeah ive got all 3 seasons of Banner of the Stars converted and on my iPad to watch on the plane when i fly home on wednesday! cant wait.

Niiiiice.

Banner of the Stars III was a little disappointing, but really only because it was so short.  It was a nice bookend though.

Aug 15, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #4,821 of 6,444

Quote:
Niiiiice.

Banner of the Stars III was a little disappointing, but really only because it was so short.  It was a nice bookend though.

yeah since it was only SD anyways, i figured id watch it on the ipad instead of the tv, and then watch something else instead till i leave. So i started RideBack, which i have on blu ray from funimation. And ive got to say, its the first TV Anime ive seen that actually warranted being in 1080P, it is a gorgeous show. and im 3 episodes in now, and its pretty awesome as well.mostly exposition so far though, cant wait to really get into it tonight after work.

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #4,823 of 6,444
make sure you watch it in 1080p, whether thats via the BD's or if thats from other methods
cool.gif
...srsly, its worth it.

Quote:
Hrm...never really heard about Rideback, but looks like it got a good review by one of the online reviewers I trust.  Might have to check that out.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #4,824 of 6,444
Do you guys watch your anime's online with websites like Animeseason.com  or animefreak.tv etc. That's where I watch it. That way I don't illegally download anything and I can watch shows that just came out in japan.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #4,825 of 6,444

Quote:
Do you guys watch your anime's online with websites like Animeseason.com  or animefreak.tv etc. That's where I watch it. That way I don't illegally download anything and I can watch shows that just came out in japan.

I hate to break this to you but when you're streaming stuff you're still downloading it and if it's copyrighted then you are still breaking the law. Everything you see on the internet is downloaded by you.

I choose not to stream. I figure if I'm going to download it I may as well get to watch it whenever I want and keep it forever. 

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #4,826 of 6,444

Quote:

I hate to break this to you but when you're streaming stuff you're still downloading it and if it's copyrighted then you are still breaking the law. Everything you see on the internet is downloaded by you.

I choose not to stream. I figure if I'm going to download it I may as well get to watch it whenever I want and keep it forever. 

Ya well that screws up my whole trying to be good and abide by the law thing. Copyright really is out of control. My main reason for not downloading to my computer is due to the fact I have no space left on my hard disk and the shows I am following right now are currently airing. Also coupled by the fact I would prefer to not have to get prosecuted in the future for stupid reasons. How do they expect people to watch something if it never gets released in North America then?

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #4,827 of 6,444

Quote:

Streaming is fine as long as the material hasn't been licensed yet.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #4,828 of 6,444

Quote:

Ya and if it's licensed by Funimation then they upload it to their Youtube channel so you can watch it. So it is still legal.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #4,829 of 6,444

Quote:

lol thats not true.

And to all of you, most of the shows out right now, usually somewhere over half are being streamed online, legally, at crunchyroll. thats the place to watch anime if you want to be legit. there or like funimations website. or hulu. or this season niconico is doing dantalian, though crunchyroll has that a week late. I believe that anime network is doing some of them as well.

there are completely legit ways to watch most of the shows. though i dont feel bad using a fansub if the show isnt legitimately being licensed, such as Ano Hana last season, it wasnt licensed by any streaming sites, which is sad

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #4,830 of 6,444

Quote:
make sure you watch it in 1080p, whether thats via the BD's or if thats from other methods
cool.gif
...srsly, its worth it.

+1

legality...huh ==a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back