Another Newbie - My Experience
Jun 23, 2007 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RogerB

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Everybody!

I'm new to the world of decent cans as I have spent most of my life using department store cans and thinking anything else was a waste of money.

Well, about six months ago I purchased the Grado SR 80's after spending much time on the internet trying to learn as much as I could about headphones. I'll summarize simply by saying they changed the way I listen to and appreciated music. I could not believe how good they sounded.

I have enjoyed reading this forum as many of you are much better at expressing in words how these different cans "sound" than I am. I can only say I have missed out on great sound for a long time. I'm 49 and have a wide range of musical interest from Classical to Classic Rock, Blues etc...

I just wanted to say "hello" and tell anyone out there that has been listening to department store headphones to take the plunge and get yourself a good set of cans. You'll be glad you did! I'm already saving my pennies for the Grado 325i's!

Have a great day everyone!

Roger

Jun 23, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm already saving my pennies for the Grado 325i's!
Roger

Roger, why only go half-way.?...
rs1smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Hi Roger!

I know just how you feel; I was 61 by the time I stumbled into this evil place!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Be careful of the SR-80 > SR-325i progression....it can begin to do serious damage to the wallet!

....right; Rick!?

Instead of SR-80, I began with MS-1.....that was just the beginning!

Welcome, and, Best of luck!
Rich.

Jun 23, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Be careful of the SR-80 > SR-325i progression....it can begin to do serious damage to the wallet!

Rich.

Thank you Rich! Yes , I understand this can be a very expensive "habit".

Other than the fact that I have 2 teenagers, a wife, and a mortgage the sky's the limit!!!! lol!!!

Roger

Jun 23, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 9
The SR-80s are evil! How can something so inexpensive be so good? It gets better, but unfortunately at a much higher price. Good luck on your journey towards bankruptcy!

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 9
"Other than the fact that I have 2 teenagers, a wife, and a mortgage the sky's the limit!!!! lol!!!"

Very funny ...

You've already made the quantum leap ... every upgrade now will come at an increasingly steeper price. Go easy -- you've got "real" responsibilities. Either that, or get the family hooked, too.

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Either that, or get the family hooked, too.

That seems like a truly dangerous idea.

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 9
Im sorry about your wallet. With that being said Grado is not the only headphone out there you might want to try and go with a new sound signiture instead of up the Grado line. If you like classical try a Senn hd600 or 650. They can be had fairly cheap here on the fourm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back