"annoying" for sale forums probelm
Nov 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

midoo1990

Headphoneus Supremus
if i am in a thread in the 2nd page of the headphone for sale forum for example and then i hit the backspace on my keyboard or the back button in the browser,it takes me to the first page instead of the second.
very very annoying especially if you like to check items in the 2nd or 3rd page and everytime it returns you to first page.i am using Google chrome FWIW.

i seem to be talking to a wall because actually nothing improves on headfi except more and more ads are added.we are going into half a year HUDDLER since your partnership and still no hint of improved mobile browsing.i dont know if it is hard to achieve or you simply dont care,but it would be decent from you to atleast tell us a time frame or your plans to eliminate all these problems instead of being discrete.

Uncle Erik(since you seem the only mod online ever nowadays) or Jude,if you find my post rude or offensive,just delete it.....i sadly dont care anymore..

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Regarding the back-button problem you described:  I can duplicate it, too, and I believe that's a known problem.  I'll re-report it.

Regarding mobile browsing:  We are still working to come up with solutions to improve the mobile browsing experience.  (What are you browsing with, in terms of mobile browsing, by the way?)

Regarding your frustration:  In the six months since the platform switch, there have been many changes and improvements, which certainly isn't to say there isn't still more to do (like improving mobile browsing, as you mentioned).  More engineers have been hired, and the pace of fixes has picked up as a result (even if you may not have noticed).  In short, I do understand your frustration.  That said, everyone involved is busting their butts to fix, improve, and optimize the platform, and, as with most things, we know we can always do better, and there's always more to do.

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah there have definitely been a lot of changes since we switched. The biggest change for me was the removal of the white background which attempted to burn my retinas! I like the new sales forum and I'm sure those bugs will get ironed out. 

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 6

[size=medium]
I have to agree with this issue being annoying.  From a usability perspective (I do web development), one of the worst things you can do is make it so the back button does not work.  

What's even worse, is that as soon as you view an item on a page other than the first, there's no way to get back to that page without starting back at the first.  I.e. when I'm looking at an item on page 3, I can't just return to page 3, even if I click the "back to forum" button on the page for the item.
[/size]

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back