Anedio D2 DAC release
Aug 13, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #916 of 1,417
I'm on the list for the Legato II. Seems like the best VFM converter, works w/Linux (using a SBT w/EDO) and I only listen to regular redbook stuff so fits the bill. I'd think about an AP2 + PP if I saw one second hand for a decent price though.

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #920 of 1,417
A variation of my D2/U2 mod.  This one has the clocks powered by the Belleson super regulators.  The rest is the same as my U2 converter mod I did earlier.  With the LC inlet filter, I think the the super regulators may not be necessary.  Will find out more if and when I get the other person's D2 modded with ultra low noise IC regulators.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #923 of 1,417
Just wanted to say that everyone was right about the D2, it is a really great dac. It is also great to read about all the other stuff related to this hobby, I've learned a lot from this one thread, thanks for sharing.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #925 of 1,417
I got a slightly different mod with my external U2 and already got it back. I am just listening for now 
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #929 of 1,417
So my D2 came back 3 days ago, and it has not dissapointed.
Without getting into a lot of hype & mumble jumble, these are my key observations so far:
- more detail & separation of instruments, without being analytical
- a bit more relaxed presentation, whitout lossing out on transient and dynamics

But honestly, those are not 'night & day' differences, and rather more on the subtle side (perhaps that may change with more burn-in?). And overall I'm drawn more into the music (i.e., the DAC keeps me on the couch for longer listening sessions, and it's more enjoyable)... Then, on the 'practical' side, one must consider cost (especially shipping back-&-forth); so, at the end of the day, perhaps adding a "Legato II" may be a wiser inve$tment?

Anyway, there's it is, for what it's worth. Thanks Viper, nice job!
LeoDuran

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #930 of 1,417
Quote:
So my D2 came back 3 days ago, and it has not dissapointed.
Without getting into a lot of hype & mumble jumble, these are my key observations so far:
- more detail & separation of instruments, without being analytical
- a bit more relaxed presentation

But honestly, those are not 'night & day' differences, and rather more on the subtle side (perhaps that may change with more burn-in?). And overall I'm drawn more into the music (i.e., the DAC keeps me on the couch for longer listening sessions, and it's more enjoyable)... Then, on the 'practical' side, one must consider cost (especially shipping back-&-forth); so, at the end of the day, perhaps adding a "Legato II" may be a wiser inve$tment?

Anyway, there's it is, for what it's worth. Thanks Viper, nice job!
LeoDuran

Sounds good! 

Unrelated, but I just got the Auraliti PK90 set up yesterday. I'm powering it with the Nuforce LPS-1 power supply. I connected to the D2 and got..... nothing. No signal. Switched to my Violectric V800, and there is was clear as day. Interesting. Right off the bat it sounds better than regular USB from a laptop, but obviously I can't speak definitively on that yet.

I had zero time to troubleshoot the setup, so I maybe just screwed something up. That happens a lot 
tongue_smile.gif
. But I'm hoping it will work. I had assumed it would because other XMOS devices (specifically the SOtM dX-USB HD) are confirmed to work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back