Android-fi!
Nov 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #16 of 904

Quote:
Good choice! Although I'm a bit weary of the non-removable battery and moto's bootloader stance (locked up tight) I think it'll be a great device, assuming Motorola doesn't release any debilitating updates that require battery pulling like they did on the droid x.

Non-removable battery is a nonissue for me as I have never used replacement batteries - I use an external power pack that is much more versatile with dual USB outputs. As for bootloader - I am based in the UK and bootloader will be unlockable. ONLY VZW have decided to have it locked completely, all other version will be unlockable.

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #17 of 904
I'm using a Nook Color running MIUI Phiremod v2, and couldn't be happier with it. I can OC to 1.3ghz without issue, though for general browsing I keep it lower to save battery. For phone duty I'm loving my relatively low end LG Optimus V. It's the little phone that could, performing well above what the specs would suggest.

I am just waiting for the day when we can tap the usb out and connect an external DAC. That's really the only thing on my Android wishlist.

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #19 of 904
I'm trying to decide if I like my LG Optimus V, or my Sansa E260 better. I'm currently running:

LG Optumus V running IHO CM 7.1, Poweramp 2.1, DSP Settings: Stereo X @30%, Extreme Bass Boost enabled.
Sansa E260 Rockboxed, EQ off, no replaygain, no crossfeed.

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #20 of 904

Quote:
I'm trying to decide if I like my LG Optimus V, or my Sansa E260 better. I'm currently running:

LG Optumus V running IHO CM 7.1, Poweramp 2.1, DSP Settings: Stereo X @30%, Extreme Bass Boost enabled.
Sansa E260 Rockboxed, EQ off, no replaygain, no crossfeed.

Another Optimus V user! How does your do with armature based IEMs? Any hissing or static? I'm on stock firmware and I'm finding it a bit too noisy in some cases but pretty good with dynamic IEMs or bigger cans. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #23 of 904
I have Samsung Galaxy Gio. I use it to do weird things like calls and text messages. Those are ways to communicate with other people also using these portable phones. = ) Well, I sometimes browse the web and use e-mail, must admit.

EDIT: My 500th post!

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #25 of 904
Will be a galaxy nexus when it arrives, should be sent off this friday.

There was a volume issue with a lot of the handsets, that when used in the 900mhz gsm band it would go nuts.

Anyway it's been sorted with a software fix, and reportedly the sq from the hp out is very good!!

Can't wait to amp it up.

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #27 of 904

Quote:
Yeah, I've been doing some research and the G Nexus looks more my speed.

I've actually been going the other way.  The hardware is a bit anemic and the benchmarks haven't been too impressive.  Clearly Samsung didn't want to step on their own galaxy S2 toes.  I might just wait for the ICS update or maybe go Windows Mango if the external dock proves useful, doubt it. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #30 of 904

Quote:
^ I've been reading up on smart phones and as this is my first, I wonder if the android system might be too complicated. Otoh, I think the smaller screen on the iPhone will be a turn off.

If you feel no urge to customize, Android is as simple as any other phone. It has a menu with shortcuts for apps and that is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back