And the best techno headphones are...
Feb 23, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #32 of 70
I listen to techno/electronica on my HD650s and love it, although my old SR-60s did it pretty well, too.

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #33 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Techno is not music, well with the exception of Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk
biggrin.gif

Techno is gettin no respect on this thread
icon10.gif
OK, there's plenty of cheesy techno that you hear for workout music. But it seems like there's some good techno coming out from electronica. Aphex Twin, Kraftwerk, and Amon Tobin seems to use a lot of techno in their samples.

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #34 of 70
I don't listen to techno myself.
But I listen a lot to ambient, chillout and trance. I usually pick up the Omega II's when I switch to these genres.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #37 of 70
amongst my headphones; the beyer dt770-80. I listen/spin melodic trance though

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #38 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Techno is not music, well with the exception of Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk
biggrin.gif

plainface.gif
I think that we use techno not in right wau. Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk are totaly different kind of Electronic music. Often tagged as electro or electronica...

Some wiki: Techno features an abundance of percussive, synthetic sounds, studio effects used as principal instrumentation, and, usually, a regular, 4/4 beat usually in the 130–140 bpm range—sometimes faster, but rarely slower. Some techno compositions have strong melodies and bass lines, but these features are not as essential to techno as they are to other dance genres, and it is not uncommon for techno compositions to deemphasize or omit them.

Techno artists as people in the Netherlands and Germany know are:

Alexander Kowalski, Heiko Laux, Johannes Heil, Adam Beyer, Joris Voorn, Steve Bug, Sven Vath, Richie Hawtin, Gabriel Ananda, Alex Smoke, Trentemoller etc.

There is also Detroit Techno, it's somewhat harder and faster I Think. Artists are:
Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, Derrick May(started the whole thing in the 80's)

All this music is extremely popular in Western Europe.

About headphones for techno, I need some good closed cans... Anyone?

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #39 of 70
see, man...

to me the detroit stuff is much more soulful than hard. i mean... rolando - jaguar
biggrin.gif
the old swedish stuff is haaaard. and have you heard noisia's 4/4 stuff (three guys from groningen)? extremely talented guys...

eric b

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #41 of 70
WOW. that's crazy. they're huge in the dnb world. i guess it's fitting. shame, really...

eric b

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #42 of 70
I listen to techno wich also includes Kraftwerk and Aphex Twin (and other stuff) And I love it with my Ultrasone Prolines 750's. The bass is really tight and so deep but not overruling. The mids and highs sound very good as well.
IMO they are perfect for that sort of music (and other stuff) But it's probably also the only hp that I know this close so it's a little narrow opinion but still. If it sounds good it sounds good!

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #43 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirVesseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noisia is not well known in the Netherlands, but these three guys are great producers.

Yes they are. They have become some of my favorite producers at this time. Do you know why they aren't known well in their own homeland? That's a shame.

A lot of people believe that Noisia is keeping Drum & Bass alive. The new tracks they they are putting out are just amazing.
basshead.gif

EDIT: Here's a cool little video they made to introduce themselves. It's pretty funny, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_QRv0wMSIE

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #44 of 70
they really haven't written anything in some time. nik and thijs have girlfriends, and i'm not too sure about martijn. silicon ftw <3

eric b

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #45 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by e-dub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they really haven't written anything in some time. nik and thijs have girlfriends, and i'm not too sure about martijn. silicon ftw <3

eric b

Wow, your right. I hadn't even noticed how much time had passed since their last release. Crazy.
blink.gif

They need to get off their asses and make some more music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back