Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jul 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #978 of 3,813
Quote:
if you search the 'post your grado mods' thread (germanguy) you will find some basic articles and also some samples of my ideas and concepts to build grado style headphones including a lot of pictures.

the headphone you see on the picture above is my latest and by far best build where i tried to combine all the ideas and experience in one headphone combining resolution and detail of my first mods with that great bass extension and texture resulting out of a full wooden inner construction. it really sounds as i tried to describe above. i spent nearly two month only in fine tuning and optimizing the sound.

Geez GG... That's excellent...!
Now I'm wondering how actually your Grado sounds. Makes me excited.

Quote:
Its a Franken-Grado.....
smile.gif

Indeed it is..... 
size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #979 of 3,813
Quote:
my signature now contains a new amp!

Congratz GG.
You're having a wonderful list of inventory there, mate. 

Quote:
Any help you need just ask but I think the most important thing that GG has confirmed is replace the stock tubes right away with something better as it will really help you find out what this amp can truly do!

Thanks Ian.
Your kind advice are always highly appreciated.

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #980 of 3,813

Fourthly, with the right music and the right source... in GG's words: WOW!!

Enjoying a two hour hiatus of audio bliss.

Ian, I truly thank you for keeping (your) thread alive. This is a remarkable piece of equipment. I can tell that I will be enjoying it for years to come. ( even if I never aquire a pair of Lorenz:) ).

Quote:

Another happy owner...
Yeahhh... My excitement grows each days.

Another great shot you have there woodcans.
Looking forward to see more great pictures and impressions on this wonderful amp.

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #981 of 3,813
Quote:
okay - time for some pictures (out of camera, only resized, unedited). you may see some fingerprints on the tubes, but i didn't want to clean them not to destroy the printing on the tubes:

Fourthly, with the right music and the right source... in GG's words: WOW!!

Enjoying a two hour hiatus of audio bliss.

Ian, I truly thank you for keeping (your) thread alive. This is a remarkable piece of equipment. I can tell that I will be enjoying it for years to come. ( even if I never aquire a pair of Lorenz:) ).

Another happy owner...
Yeahhh... My excitement grows each days.

Another great shot you have there woodcans.
Looking forward to see more great pictures and impressions on this wonderful amp.

GG... another great shots you have there.
Just wondering, how did you get that "blueish" color effect?

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #983 of 3,813
Quote:
Somewhere in here, I may be lucky and find another Ten 1T4SF :-

Wooow... what a stack of tubes... 
size]

AnakChan... just wondering if you may find the Lorenz or Marconi or the Red Label there.  
size]

Otherwise here are my tube purchases for the day, Telefunken 1T4/DF91 & NEC 1T4-SF :-

Those tubes looks wonderful. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #984 of 3,813
Guys, especially Ian and GG, your discussion on tube rolling are beyond imagination.
Thanks for kindly sharing your thoughts with us.
Please keep them coming guys.

Quote:
we should combine our efforts as our tube collections seem to complement each others.

i will make and send the cleaning kits to our worldwide distributors starting july, 22th (holiday start date).

I wish I can contribute something here.

Wow... Thanks for that GG. I'm looking forward to get your cleaning kit since my tubes are starting to piling up now. 
size]

Quote:
dear sirs, 

i have a new dream set!

VALVO DF91 RED LABEL - PHILIPS DL92

That's sounds great GG.
I remember that there were some discussions about this red-label in previous post, but I hardly find it.
Do you mind to share where to get this amazing tubes then? 
size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #987 of 3,813
Quote:
Guys, especially Ian and GG, your discussion on tube rolling are beyond imagination.
Thanks for kindly sharing your thoughts with us.
Please keep them coming guys.

I wish I can contribute something here.

Wow... Thanks for that GG. I'm looking forward to get your cleaning kit since my tubes are starting to piling up now. 
size]

That's sounds great GG.
I remember that there were some discussions about this red-label in previous post, but I hardly find it.
Do you mind to share where to get this amazing tubes then? 
size]

there was only one set used aviailable (as part of the sets mr. künzig organized to get from another tube seller. you may remember that 20 times two sets bunch of tubes i preordered and  gave my guarantee to and did buy everything that was not ordered by otheres.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #990 of 3,813
I don't think heat is an issue with this amp, as GG states the tubes are low energy. The warmest I have felt them was after 4 hours of continual listening and then they were the temperature of tepid water, no more. I think the only thing i would consider as far as head with that lovely thick case would be where the position of the battery and transformers are but I do not think even that is a concern.

Last night I listened to the my latest download from HDTT (mentioned in a post a few back). It is an odd recording as though it is stereo Teresa Stitch-Randall's voice is fully in the left earpiece but the orchestra is in full stereo, it is a Sixties recording after all and I see even the classical records were want to play around with this new fangled Stereo!

But this is the interesting thing, in spite of that and because this amp throws a big soundstage it did not feel annoying as it can with a less capable amp. All one did was be absorbed into the performances. I think outside of multi thousand dollar widebander horn speakers this is the best I have heard a Soprano's voice, absolutely no trace of sibilance, just pure and sweet and detailed. It was so magical that I went right from that to Beethovens Mass in C, another recording from HDTT (I make no apologies for harping on about this company as their quality is exceptional and their recordings interesting and beautiful and a perfect match for this amp) which is transformational in its beauty I feel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back