An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Jul 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #7,156 of 9,499
Regarding things I've posted online, this is really the only place I've opened up to any substantial degree. I've even created alternate IDs on other sites just to avoid obnoxious behavior. Due to the near-fanatical quality of moderating here (that's a compliment) I feel more relaxed, so I let more things out, knowing that trolls aren't tolerated.
At least the threats were only made against property, and that's why I have over the top security measures. I'd hate to have to pull a Mel Gibson, Ransom-style, hurt on someone for even thinking about harming any of my loved ones.

That's something I really would not post online. It's the type of thing that can bite one in tender places at future dates.

Viva La Resistance
biggrin.gif
OCCUPY the Petrolhead Thread!
wink.gif

I'm having T shirts printed as wee speek. Proceeds go to underpriviledged HFier's who damn well deserve Stax and Blue Hawaii's but through no fault of their own, simply have no interest in generating the income to get them
popcorn.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #7,157 of 9,499
I would happily take possession of a couple of the fezzis for you - just to make sure they stay safe. Gawd knows no one would look for them in my neighborhood... :wink:

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #7,158 of 9,499
You can store them Australis.  Too far for these low lives to do anything nasty.  I know a great place....PM me and we can discuss further the positive outcome for all parties involved.

Just dont forget to send the keys as well.

Unfortunately the storage space is height limited, so only lower than normal rooflines can fit.

Now its not cheap for such a hi level service, but you can afford the very best.  To summarise the terms of service, send me:

1.  Money
2.  Supercars
3.  Keys to Supercars

We have expanded our operations internationally and have opened our first overseas operations in Nigeria.

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #7,160 of 9,499
And I'm sitting here about to move to a Chicago apartment with no garage...I guess I won't be getting in an any of the supercar diffusion.

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #7,162 of 9,499
  Step 1: Forget the apartment
Step 2: Buy a huge garage and live in a Rolls-Royce Phantom
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

If I shower and use the bathroom in my Phantom, it'll depreciate even more quickly than a regular one. Also, a quick look for large garages in or near the Loop yields very few results, none of which can be had for apartment money. And besides, I doubt my better half would enjoy garage life.

The profit part could be made fairly easily, though; there's always TV executives looking for the next stupid reality lifestyle show.

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #7,163 of 9,499
  If I shower and use the bathroom in my Phantom, it'll depreciate even more quickly than a regular one. Also, a quick look for large garages in or near the Loop yields very few results, none of which can be had for apartment money. And besides, I doubt my better half would enjoy garage life.

The profit part could be made fairly easily, though; there's always TV executives looking for the next stupid reality lifestyle show.

I could see it now...

"So, Mr. ssrock64, what's your next move?"

"I was thinking of upsizing, maybe to a 6-car."

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #7,164 of 9,499
I just pulled a vintage pair of Koss Pro 4/A out of a forgotten box. They sounded like cr@p - absolutely nothing below the upper midrange. So, I pulled the pads off and lo & behold, the stock T50RP pads fit quite nicely! They made a significant improvement to the sound. Still not much real bass, but now they sound more like typical vintage Koss. I think the old Koss pads were just completely flat. Recycling items from the junk drawer for the win!

BTW, do you think this would fit on the T50RP?
http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/8048

It's made to fit on these, seems like it might work on the T50RP...

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #7,165 of 9,499
Good catch Billy. By gawd they look suspicously like the original Mad Dog pads. I think thats definitely worth a call to see if they have an actual measurement for the cup size. If it works on the 50 you'll be worshipped for finding them.

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #7,166 of 9,499
lol - I was talking about the headband, not the pad...

However, I have also been looking at the pads. Unfortunately, I don't think they are leather:
http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/8046

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #7,167 of 9,499
lol - I was talking about the headband, not the pad...

However, I have also been looking at the pads. Unfortunately, I don't think they are leather:
http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/8046

Moleskin Style???????????????

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #7,168 of 9,499
Moleskin Style???????????????

Yeah - I don't know what they mean by that. According Wikipedia, "moleskin" usually refers to a cotton fabric, not fake leather. If you look at the full size image on the Telex website, you can see that the pads are definitely not a cotton fabric. They look like good old pleather with a mild texture.

David Clark also makes some interesting headband pads: http://www.davidclarkcompany.com/aviation/comfort.php

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #7,169 of 9,499
Yeah - I don't know what they mean by that. According Wikipedia, "moleskin" usually refers to a cotton fabric, not fake leather. If you look at the full size image on the Telex website, you can see that the pads are definitely not a cotton fabric. They look like good old pleather with a mild texture.

David Clark also makes some interesting headband pads: http://www.davidclarkcompany.com/aviation/comfort.php

Either that or some Ozark preevert actually skins moles
eek.gif

Familiar with Clark's stuff. It's usually waay pricey.

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #7,170 of 9,499
For some reason, I get a kick out of finding a way to use a product intended for one purpose in a completely different way. For example, I could cut one of these in half:

http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Expressions-Sheepskin-Shoulder-Pad-Grey/dp/B000CAINRK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back