An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Jul 28, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #7,141 of 9,499
You'll have to do better than that. That setting does nothing for the cars. Might as well be the wall mart lot.

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #7,142 of 9,499
You mean something like this?
tongue.gif

Close 
tongue.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #7,143 of 9,499
Jul 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #7,146 of 9,499

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #7,147 of 9,499
Good for you holding on to your principles and prosecuting them.  I applaud you.  It's a scary world and someone like you who has the wherewithal that others covet are in a tough spot. 

It sucks to be honest.  Our world is going in the wrong direction.

Just got back from vacation and found a broken window (kids threw a rock through it) on my trailer, then two days later someone stole one of my deep cell trailer batteries.  Pisses me off. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #7,148 of 9,499
Just out of curiosity about how many other forums do you frequent.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #7,149 of 9,499
This just p!sses me off. How can people be such complete d!cks?? Gawd, sometimes I simply hate the human species. We like to think that individual people are OK, and that it's only in packs that we become savages. But that's simply not true. Packs of reasonable human beings are composed of reasonable individuals. Packs of savages are composed of savages. It sort of reminds me of watching episodes of the Sopranos. The characters were portrayed as both humans with real emotions and also as ruthless savages. Or the classic scene from Good Fellas:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ifn39Y8V0[/VIDEO]

But back to your situation - this is just not right. It's a clear sign that our species is on the wrong path. While part of the society is killing themselves trying to make things better for themselves and for others, the rest are trying to take what they didn't work for, and then blame everyone and everything when they don't get what they want. I could never be a panhandler - and I simply do not buy the "you've never been hungry" arguments. If we're talking about starving Ethiopians, I would agree with the concept - but not someone asking for dollars at a gas station in the USA. IMHO, there are only two reasons someone is panhandling in America: 1) They have a mental illness and have been conditioned to use panhandling as a means of survival, or 2) They consciously choose to panhandle as their means of survival. Both are the fault of society - in the case of the former, society is taking the easy way out and choosing to ignore the fact that the population of mentally-ill people is significant and needs to be dealt with in a systematic (and in many cases institutional) manner. In the case of the latter, society is is ALSO taking the easy way out and choosing NOT to try to discern the difference between the truly mentally ill and the people that are simply leeches and need to be kicked in the @ss. We'll never be perfect at figuring out where to draw the line - but NOT being willing to draw the line is helping no one.

I refuse to apologize for the human species, because quite frankly, I'm not sure the people you are talking about *are* part of the same species we are. Other than biology, I see little evidence that they are.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #7,151 of 9,499
I just can't see this ending well...

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/28/military-self-driving-vehicle

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZV7UDoj2o[/VIDEO]

The use of robots does not always work out like you hope...

http://www.ulozto.net/live/xnUHTwP/38-the-solid-tin-coyote-avi

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #7,153 of 9,499
Just wait until Greenland invades Canada - THEN you'll be crying for our robotic jeepsters to come and save your Canadian bacon.

At 8 MPH, it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 years to arrive. Until then, hold them off with snowballs and free Molson... :p

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #7,154 of 9,499
I'm a little late to the privacy discussion, I believe; I've been on a trip back to Wisconsin for a few weeks and haven't gotten on Head-Fi much. With nearly 500 pages of content in this thread, it's hard to imagine that somebody truly dedicated couldn't put together a picture of where you live and who you are. Unfortunately, some badly-adjusted or mean-spirited people might just go that far in pursuit of selfish ends. It's a shame that you can't post as often or with as much detail as you might wish, and you're definitely in the right to go after any threats legally and to delete some details that might lead others down that path.

I might be rambling a bit, but some people just make me angry.

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #7,155 of 9,499
Regarding things I've posted online, this is really the only place I've opened up to any substantial degree. I've even created alternate IDs on other sites just to avoid obnoxious behavior. Due to the near-fanatical quality of moderating here (that's a compliment) I feel more relaxed, so I let more things out, knowing that trolls aren't tolerated.

I'm a little lake to the privacy discussion, I believe; I've been on a trip back to Wisconsin for a few weeks and haven't gotten on Head-Fi much. With nearly 500 pages of content in this thread, it's hard to imagine that somebody truly dedicated couldn't put together a picture of where you live and who you are. Unfortunately, some badly-adjusted or mean-spirited people might just go that far in pursuit of selfish ends. It's a shame that you can't post as often or with as much detail as you might wish, and you're definitely in the right to go after any threats legally and to delete some details that might lead others down that path.

I might be rambling a bit, but some people just make me angry.

At least the threats were only made against property, and that's why I have over the top security measures. I'd hate to have to pull a Mel Gibson, Ransom-style, hurt on someone for even thinking about harming any of my loved ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back