An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Oct 1, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #511 of 9,499
I used to cook more than I do now. Of course, I used to get home before 7:30 PM every night too...

My wife is a very good cook - but when she is done, the kitchen looks like an F5 tornado went through it. No joke - she uses every knife, every pan, every cabinet door & drawer is open and every spice bottle has mysteriously lost it's cap.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #512 of 9,499
I used to cook more than I do now. Of course, I used to get home before 7:30 PM every night too...
My wife is a very good cook - but when she is done, the kitchen looks like an F5 tornado went through it. No joke - she uses every knife, every pan, every cabinet door & drawer is open and every spice bottle has mysteriously lost it's cap.

But is the end result tasty? That's what matters. And you got children - why is cleaning a debate? :p

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #513 of 9,499
Quote:
and every spice bottle has mysteriously lost it's cap.

Ahh, we need to get her those little stainless steel dishes for pre-measuring spices and stuff.  Those things are awesome.  They also make the actual task so much faster once the flames are in action!

Quote:
And you got children - why is cleaning a debate?
tongue.gif

Insta-labor-force!

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #515 of 9,499
Quote:

Either that or the little snot-nosed-rug-rats will contribute to the mess...
tongue.gif

That seems more likely to me....lol.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #517 of 9,499
Quote:
Our house isn't the Cleaver family from Leave it to Beaver - we are a lot more like the Bundy's from Married with Children...

Surely a future in reality television beckons then....
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #518 of 9,499
Surely a future in reality television beckons then....:wink:

lol - I can't imagine anything more excruciating for both us and the audience.

In other news, today San Francisco implements a new law against grocery stores giving out grocery bags for free. You now need to either bring your own bags or the store will charge you 10 cents per bag.

I am continually amazed at the things our lawmakers decide to spend their time on.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #519 of 9,499
In further news, San Francisco bans the use of all internal combustion engines within the city limits, and the sale of beef. :eek: :wink:

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #521 of 9,499
Quote:
And exhaling CO2 which is a known greenhouse gas.

And thus, SF becomes the first city in the world to ban its own citizens...  I'm surprised they haven't tried to ban DHMO yet. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #523 of 9,499
Quote:
Thousands of people die every year from ingesting an entirely legal amount of dihydrogen monoxide.

Hey, all kidding aside, this is a real problem for some people.  I personally suffer from such a high level of DHMO ingestion, that I often secret large amounts of it. 
eek.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #524 of 9,499
They broke ground today on the garage. This contractor doesn't mess around either, he said it'll be done in just a couple weeks. And, uh, I decided to get a lift. :D

It's the one that seems to be the most recommended. http://www.completehydraulic.com/lifts-4-post-sl10000xl.html

Good timing too, because I've got a line on a minty fresh `09 CTS-V that's still under warranty, great color. $40k cash, 26k miles.

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #525 of 9,499
Quote:
They broke ground today on the garage. This contractor doesn't mess around either, he said it'll be done in just a couple weeks. And, uh, I decided to get a lift.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, that definitely seems like a good idea.  No need to make life more difficult for no good reason.  You did make sure you've got enough height clearance right?  With your tallest vehicle at max height I mean...

Quote:
Good timing too, because I've got a line on a minty fresh `09 CTS-V that's still under warranty, great color. $40k cash, 26k miles.

Hey yeah, that is a sleek color.  I'll bet that in a lot of ways, you're looking forward to that drive more than the Corniche.  Kinda like coming home.  How's the new interior coming BTW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back