An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Jul 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #3,871 of 9,499
Magick Man, pardon me for my curious question but are you some retired multi-billionaire CEO of some big conglomerate and reputable company or something?

Nope. I'm a brokerage partner, but I don't have *billions*.

1) International art or jewel thief (like "The Pink Panther" or "Thomas Crown")

4) Head of an evil organization seeking world domination

I like those 2, they sound exciting. :D I'd like to be Dr Evil, except for the fact I'm not evil. How about Dr Apathetic?

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #3,872 of 9,499
Great review, even though I don't understand a word said:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wI15PcU2M#at=199[/VIDEO]

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #3,873 of 9,499
Hmm - I wouldn't call you apathetic - I think you have great passions for a variety of things. "Dr. Genuinely Nice Guy" or "Dr. Pleasant to Chat With" just doesn't have the same punch. How about "Dr. Driven"?? It can be interpreted in multiple ways!

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #3,874 of 9,499
Great review, even though I don't understand a word said:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wI15PcU2M#at=199[/VIDEO]

I understood her perfectly. "Even if you can afford to buy this car, you still can't afford me."

On a more serious note, what a horrible test track! That parking lot looked like it would be more suitable for road testing a T-90 Main Battle Tank.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #3,875 of 9,499
Quote:
Nope. I'm a brokerage partner, but I don't have *billions*.
I like those 2, they sound exciting.
biggrin.gif
I'd like to be Dr Evil, except for the fact I'm not evil. How about Dr Apathetic?

Odd that never came up before.

I think apathetic is to close to abyssmal.

To borrow from the Gallic perhapse Dr Essense:)

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #3,876 of 9,499
Hmm - I wouldn't call you apathetic - I think you have great passions for a variety of things. "Dr. Genuinely Nice Guy" or "Dr. Pleasant to Chat With" just doesn't have the same punch. How about "Dr. Driven"?? It can be interpreted in multiple ways!

Since Carlos Danger is taken, I'll go with Dr Devious Dogood.

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #3,877 of 9,499
Quote:
Since Carlos Danger is taken, I'll go with Dr Devious Dogood.

You could always use Carlos Danger regardless and continue to destroy somebody's reputation in the process.

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #3,878 of 9,499
You could always use Carlos Danger regardless and continue to destroy somebody's reputation in the process.

Oh, he's doing a wonderful job of that all on his own, the man has quite literally become a caricature of himself (and his name).

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #3,880 of 9,499
As long as we're on the subject of a tool known as Weiner, here's a question for the gallery.....

Sex addiction....a real syndrome or a BS excuse for bad behavior? Surely that will be Weiner's tactic at some point going to "rehab"......

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #3,881 of 9,499
Quote:
As long as we're on the subject of a tool known as Weiner, here's a question for the gallery.....

Sex addiction....a real syndrome or a BS excuse for bad behavior? Surely that will be Weiner's tactic at some point going to "rehab"......

Not in the US and we still get news about the this weiner guy flashing his wiener around on the net.

talk about nominative determinism!

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #3,882 of 9,499
I think behavioral addictions are different than chemical addictions - but I do think they exist. However, it doesn't mean it is an excuse for bad behavior. Now, if you get your jollies from mailing pics of your junk to strangers, and you want to claim that you feel a compulsion to do it - OK, I can believe that - however you shouldn't expect me to vote for you, and you d@mn sure *should* expect me to laugh at you...

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #3,883 of 9,499
I think behavioral addictions are different than chemical addictions - but I do think they exist. However, it doesn't mean it is an excuse for bad behavior. /quote]

My thoughts exactly.
I do think that pretty much anything can become an addiction over time (especially if it's combined with a number of different external factors). I have a funny story about a guy who used to collect shirt buttons that he found in the streets...

That makes me think about the dsk affair. When you think that this guy could have been president.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #3,884 of 9,499
I used to work with a guy that collected the bags his lunch came in from McDonalds. He got his lunch from McDonalds every day. For 10 years... They were all folded neatly along one wall of his office. A very nice guy and a brilliant electrical engineer - but nuttier than a fruitcake!

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,885 of 9,499
Quote:
 He got his lunch from McDonalds every day. For 10 years...

Now that's crazy...
biggrin.gif

The guy I was talking about was a perfect gentleman too, he just couldn't help himself from picking buttons on the pavement. It was a funny sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back