An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
May 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #3,168 of 9,499
I am not fond of red cars in general, especially the bright flaming red so common on sporting cars, but that shade on the Firebird is drool-inducing.  
And those post war cars, from what I have read, they are quite a handful.....be neat to see some contemporary race drivers try to hustle them around a track. I don't think I would dare push one very hard, I'd be too afraid of ruining a treasure. (or dying, now that I think about it) Then again, I've never received any proper instruction....I know in theory what heel and toeing is, but I wouldn't be able to hop in a car and do it....lol.

That Barchetta, can't see one or hear the name without making the leap to this....

May 23, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #3,170 of 9,499
Achmed, that is actually the exact car the Rush song is based on, seriously.

Hey Magick have you ever thought of starting your own supercar company?

God no, that's too much work.

May 23, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #3,171 of 9,499
Heel-Toe driving is really much easier in a car that was actually made for drivers that can do it. Most non-sporting cars made in the last 30 years don't have the brake & gas pedal in the right positions to make it very easy. BRAKE hard into the turn, clutch, downshift, use your heel to blip the throttle to match revs, release clutch, GAS!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdWSyrqEnE4[/VIDEO]

May 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #3,173 of 9,499
May 23, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #3,174 of 9,499
Ahh the P3/4, one of my favorite cars.

Congrats about the F7 Magick!

Haven't done it yet, still thinking about it. I have until the end of the week.

May 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #3,175 of 9,499
Quote:
I used to hate the look of the 2nd gen F-bodies but now they're growing on me.

I'm the same way, but I'm still incredibly weary of the later ones. I think the Camaros and Firebirds up until '73 or so were fairly attractive, but the "Screaming Chicken" Firebird everyone has in their head when they imagine the generation is ugly as all heck.

May 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #3,176 of 9,499
The NBC Sports cable channel is showing F1 practice from Monaco now.  Amazing the sound of these high-rpm screamers.....and man, this track looks incredibly brutal, especially given how much faster these guys are going compered to when the Top Gear guys went there.

May 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #3,177 of 9,499
The NBC Sports cable channel is showing F1 practice from Monaco now.  Amazing the sound of these high-rpm screamers.....and man, this track looks incredibly brutal, especially given how much faster these guys are going compered to when the Top Gear guys went there.

I wonder if anyone is going to actually pass another car that doesn't wave them by? F1 seems to have become a follow the leader game and you just hope the guy in front of you breaks or makes a mistake and goes off.

May 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #3,178 of 9,499
Europeans argue that Nascar is boring because of the oval tracks, but what's so exciting about 2-3 passes during an entire race? :confused:

May 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #3,179 of 9,499

You should take a look at some of Senna's qualifying laps back in the 80's... THAT was brutal, especially with a manual gearbox and turbocharged engines!

May 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #3,180 of 9,499
Europeans argue that Nascar is boring because of the oval tracks, but what's so exciting about 2-3 passes during an entire race? :confused:

The last 3 F1 races have all been very interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back