An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
May 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #2,926 of 9,499
Quote:

I wish it was more "original", it's been modded heavily, but it drives beautifully.

Very nice!  They sure knew how to make a beautiful car back then.
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #2,927 of 9,499
Updates...

The garage is going private. We'll still work with a couple local car museums, and some long-time regulars, but for the most part we're going to work on our projects. It's a nice feeling, really, not that I don't like seeing some folks, but most customers are a pain in the ***** and we'd rather not deal with them. With this, we're expanding, essentially doubling floor space with another building and taking on a couple new specialty wrenches. I'm stealing one from the local exotics service place (amazing Belgian mechanic), they won't like that, and I'm interviewing a guy from the Porsche dealership tomorrow. That will leave my best friend managing all service and head of Domestics, because I know that's what he prefers to work on, and the rest of our guys as support. Exciting stuff. :D :D We're also thinking of a new garage name.

I'm also shopping for a personal assistant, which is going to be tough, because my requirements list is rather long. Someone with strong business administration and communication skills, highly intelligent, single, energetic, and completely trustworthy. There's simply too much going on and I'm getting bogged down with tedious junk. I need Pepper Potts, but without any of the romantic entanglement crap.

Let's see... we're tearing down the Miura, for a complete nut and bolt restoration, I'm working out the details for the F1 GTR (that's kind of complicated), and I'm looking at this:

See anything out of the ordinary? :wink:

May 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #2,929 of 9,499
Whoa there Hoss - I was with you until we got to this part...

Someone with strong business administration and communication skills, highly intelligent, [COLOR=FF0000]single[/COLOR], energetic, and completely trustworthy.

What does marital status have to do with being your assistant? How about single, but attached? Or, how about Timmy?

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYHriYAF5Mw[/VIDEO]

May 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #2,930 of 9,499
Quote:

See anything out of the ordinary?
wink.gif

That looks like a left-hand drive Skyline....R34 maybe? Is the left-hand drive a one-off?  

May 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #2,931 of 9,499
That looks like a left-hand drive Skyline....R34 maybe? Is the left-hand drive a one-off?  

Nice catch! I sure didn't see that. Of course, I also didn't recognize it as a Skyline. :xf_eek:

May 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #2,932 of 9,499

Ding, ding! That's it. Not a one-off, they made a few R34 for LHD markets, like in the EU, but only ~1% of them were built that way.

Whoa there Hoss - I was with you until we got to this part...
What does marital status have to do with being your assistant? How about single, but attached? Or, how about Timmy?

Marriage may cause issues. "Pepper, today I need you to book a flight and go to Tokyo to supervise a car pickup, I'll text you the address and contact info before you arrive. Might take a few days, so book a room nearby, then find a cargo flight back after you get things coordinated. Oh, and grab an Accuphase DC-901 and some of the latest non-freaky manga. Thanks."

May 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #2,933 of 9,499
Quote:
Nice catch! I sure didn't see that. Of course, I also didn't recognize it as a Skyline.
redface.gif

I spent a ton of time playing Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2 back on the original Sony PlayStation....that, and the Fast and the Furious movies, were where I learned about the Skyline. 

May 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2,935 of 9,499
Well, it sounds like it's not exactly SINGLE you are looking for - it is CELIBATE - and possibly also asexual. You want them to live by your schedule, and to have no schedule of their own. I can dig that - good luck... :wink:

May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #2,936 of 9,499
I didn't say it was an easy job, or something that most people would want to do. I'm sure they could be sexually active, it would just be tough to hold down a long-term relationship. However, if they want an exciting job, including world travel, while getting paid a considerable amount of money, it might just be for them. If I were 25 again, and unmarried, I'd do it.

May 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #2,937 of 9,499
I just got a good chuckle out of this new commercial. 

Very best, 

And I just stumbled across this afterwards.....

May 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #2,938 of 9,499
Wow, that may be the best commercial I've seen in years. Nimoy, still cool after all these decades.

May 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #2,939 of 9,499
I'm glad I was a little too young to remember very much of the 1960s. I was 8 years old in 1969 - and about all I can remember is the kid shows on TV and the groovy turtlenecks and skinny pants my older brother wore. My older sister had some white go-go boots and a wig that looked kind of like a Jackie-O / Laura Petrie hairstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back