An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #2,176 of 9,499
It's furnished too, and they've left a lot of Crowley's "artistic" touches intact. That's outrageously awesome. My only real issue is the loonies that could come around, looking to "commune" with the Beast.

I'd be more worried about the "kids" who want to say they did [insert stupid thing] here at the Beast's home, or the lookie-loos who want a picture. :xf_eek:

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #2,177 of 9,499
Quote:
It's furnished too, and they've left a lot of Crowley's "artistic" touches intact. That's outrageously awesome. My only real issue is the loonies that could come around, looking to "commune" with the Beast.

If you get there and the caretaker starts cursing and swatting imaginary insects, YOU RUN.  Don't be brave, just be gone.  You don't wanna be home there, eating fried chicken, and have maggots come out of your face.

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,181 of 9,499
Quote:
Quote:
Don't be brave, just be gone.

This. In fact, bring the SLR with, so you can be gone FAST.
smily_headphones1.gif

Which brings up an additional complication:  he's going to need to station a car at each one of these places. 
smile.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,182 of 9,499
I do have a more practical question about buying a large vacation home in another country. That seems like a large expense in ongoing upkeep. Let's assume you spend every summer there - why such a large place for only 2-3 months a year? I mean owning Jimmy Page's house would be the absolute coolist thing I could EVER imagine - but that just seems like a huge amount of wasted square footage for a vacation home. I don't know - maybe I'm weird, but I think I prefer vacation homes to be smaller and cozy, with a nice veranda that is just right for watching sunsets with a glass of Chardonnay or Cabernet.

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #2,183 of 9,499
"The Highlander, where is he?"
"You're too late, I've prepared him for you!"
"You waste your time!"

:D Trust me, I'm looking forward to that, I have many kilts to wear (in proper fashion, of course). I'm gonna need to fly there to sign papers and check things out, it appears, so I'll get to see the whole thing sooner rather than later, very exciting. I've never been to Loch Ness. "Here Nessy, Nessy!" I did find out that the caretaker is an "amiable widower who rears Scottish hounds". Errr... yeah. :xf_eek: Monaco is in the not-so-near future, anything worthwhile there is >4M Euro. Damn, that's almost as much as a shack in Vancouver! (Crazy Canadians)

The "kit" arrived for the DB7>DB4 Evocation build. Holy moly, what a mountain of stuff. The instructions are in a 3 ring binder... that's 4" thick. :blink: My projects are sort of on hold right now, as we have an overload of real customer work, preparing for the coming warm weather, but they'll be back on track in the next few weeks or so.

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2,184 of 9,499
I do have a more practical question about buying a large vacation home in another country. That seems like a large expense in ongoing upkeep. Let's assume you spend every summer there - why such a large place for only 2-3 months a year? I mean owning Jimmy Page's house would be the absolute coolist thing I could EVER imagine - but that just seems like a huge amount of wasted square footage for a vacation home. I don't know - maybe I'm weird, but I think I prefer vacation homes to be smaller and cozy, with a nice veranda that is just right for watching sunsets with a glass of Chardonnay or Cabernet.

Investment house, it's an attractive price, plus we'll be selectively renting it out during the months we aren't using it, to build equity and defer upkeep and maintenance costs. The house is only 3200 sq/ft, one floor + wine cellar, it isn't really that big, and the view is breathtaking.

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #2,186 of 9,499
Ahh - cool - I looked at the picture again, and I see what you are saying - When I first looked, I was thinking it was twice that size.

It's like a large cottage, which is perfect for a Summer home (I really wouldn't want to be in the Highlands during the Winter anyway.) It's pretty neat that it's ~ an hour from Edinburgh too, and Inverness is nearly within shouting distance, just up the river. I'm sending them a refundable deposit tonight, to put a hold on the property.

I said earlier that we were holding off on my projects for the near future, but that doesn't seem to be the case, Richard is going to continue on my work (and I'm helping). So things will slow down, but it'll all continue, and I get to gain more technical knowledge and hands-on experience, which is the best part.

Mecum Houston auction is looming, so I'm going over the lots in earnest. I have to say, this Jag is calling to me:

Just the right colors, wouldn't you say? :wink:

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/consignment_list.cfm?AUCTION_ID=HA0413&consignDay=All&lottype=car

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #2,188 of 9,499
Just wondering if Magick has done this yet with the white car.....jump to about 12:08 if the embed doesn't do it automatically.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #2,189 of 9,499
Oh yes, sure have. It makes spectacular burnouts. :D

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #2,190 of 9,499
Quote:
Mecum Houston auction is looming, so I'm going over the lots in earnest. I have to say, this Jag is calling to me:

Just the right colors, wouldn't you say?
wink.gif

Yeah, and that is REMARKABLY clean too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back