An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up!
Feb 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,981 of 9,499
Okay, just saw the Chris Harris vid.  I wanted to unpack my gear from the meet and use some decent cans for it.  All of a sudden, I got a GENIUS idea!

Magick, you should totally mount cameras on your cars and do review videos of them!!!  I'm serious! 
smile.gif

Anyone else who thinks this would be nothing short of awesome, thumbs up this post!

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,982 of 9,499
Quote:
Okay, just saw the Chris Harris vid.  I wanted to unpack my gear from the meet and use some decent cans for it.  All of a sudden, I got a GENIUS idea!

Magick, you should totally mount cameras on your cars and do review videos of them!!!  I'm serious! 
smile.gif

Anyone else who thinks this would be nothing short of awesome, thumbs up this post!

If nothing else, I would like to hear audio of them....there are some killer engines in his garage that I would love to hear.
L3000.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #1,983 of 9,499
Quote:

If nothing else, I would like to hear audio of them....there are some killer engines in his garage that I would love to hear.
L3000.gif

That would be sweet!

And if he doesn't want to be seen on camera, he can just suit up ala Stig.  We don't need to see his ugly mug anyway. 
wink.gif
  Kidding Magick!

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #1,984 of 9,499
Me? Video? I hate the sound of my voice when it's recorded, far too nasally. Presenters require a certain vocal quality that I don't have. Also, there's the issue of privacy, I like mine. People, even neighbors, don't know exactly what I have, because I don't make a habit of showing them. It cuts down on burglary and vandalism attempts.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #1,985 of 9,499
So that would be a "no" then?  How about the wife?  All Stig-suited up?  You can be the producer and run the show, she'll be the presenter.

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #1,986 of 9,499
Me? Video? I hate the sound of my voice when it's recorded, far too nasally. Presenters require a certain vocal quality that I don't have. Also, there's the issue of privacy, I like mine. People, even neighbors, don't know exactly what I have, because I don't make a habit of showing them. It cuts down on burglary and vandalism attempts.

Well there was that reviewer dweeb a while ago that wanted your cars, couldn't you hire him to be your professional on-screen personality? :p

Pay him with YouTube views and cheez-its. :ph34r:

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #1,987 of 9,499
So that would be a "no" then?  How about the wife?  All Stig-suited up?  You can be the producer and run the show, she'll be the presenter.

You strongly overrate her skill and enthusiasm for cars and driving. She doesn't like cameras and being videoed/photographed. Like me, it just isn't in our makeup to do things like that. The motivation for such actions is notoriety and recognition, usually to gain wealth. The first two would actually annoy me (we already have too many people who stalk or try to take advantage of us), and the third is fairly well in hand. :wink:

Well there was that reviewer dweeb a while ago that wanted your cars, couldn't you hire him to be your professional on-screen personality? :p

Pay him with YouTube views and cheez-its. :ph34r:

The short, fat, snarky dude who didn't have insurance and wouldn't sign a liability form? Um, no thanks. I have a feeling there was a reason that McLaren and Ferrari both snubbed him, after thinking it over a little.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #1,988 of 9,499
The short, fat, snarky dude who didn't have insurance and wouldn't sign a liability form? Um, no thanks. I have a feeling there was a reason that McLaren and Ferrari both snubbed him, after thinking it over a little.

Yeah I didn't mean seriously, it'd be like a single video, something like

"Stupid reviewer wrecks [car]"

Would probably get more hits than legitimate reviews too. :rolleyes:

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,990 of 9,499
Quote:

Dont make a noise then just drive and let the car do the talking 
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #1,991 of 9,499
He could do it HiFiGuy style - "Hi guys, today we're going to unbox the Lamborghini Aventador ... wow, a lot of leather, I really like that ... very plush ... okay let's look at the accessories, it includes owner's manual, and some twist ties, I hate twist ties ... thanks guys for watching!" :popcorn:

Would be even funner if he drove them while doing that "Lets drive the Aventador ... wow, did you see me blow past that cop? I doubt he can catch me ... so they've officially called out a helicopter to try and follow me ... this has now become a multi-state pursuit, I don't think they're going to catch me ... hi officer, can I do a video review of your car next?" :ph34r:

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,992 of 9,499
"Hmm, there seem to be some fuzzy dice here... let me just get my trusty blade."

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #1,994 of 9,499
Quote:
I still remember that "draw your favorite head-fi member" thread, and the one for him was just the first-person perspective with the blade.

That one was effing hilarious!  I cracked up so hard when I saw that one, because it's so true! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #1,995 of 9,499
Quote:

When I was a little lad, there was The Persuaders on TV. Roger Moore (Aston Martin) and Tony Curtis (Dino) doing the cross Atlantic buddy thing with cars, villains and pretty girls.
I LOVED the Dino in that series, so was mortified to later read that Tony hated it (can't remember why, but guessing he preferred something bigger and softer).
These days, the Dino looks, erm, classic, but in those days it was so now!.

Hello Attorney

This TV series was one of my favorites in the seventies... When I watch it today, it seems really outdated, cheap and tedious to me. Life is a sad thing. BTW, this picture was shot in the parking lot of Nice airport, during the first episode of the series, where Roger Moore rides down the Corniche to Monte-Carlo.

Back to your fuse tweak: did you try to suppress the fuse by replacing it with, for instance, a copper chunk that fits the fuse stand (the part that holds the fuse)? Fuses are useful to protect rigs that are designed for 100 - 130 V, in case they would be plugged to 240 V mains. But with 240 V-designed (or set) hardware, there should be no problem. I will test it on my SR007-tII as soon as I get the proper copper chunk. I know that fuses may cause a SQ problem.

Best regards

Philippe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back