Amping the Atrio M5
May 1, 2011 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scannon18

100+ Head-Fier
Thoughts on this? I have been enjoying my M5s for a couple of months now, and am wondering if anyone has tried amping their M5s?  I find when listening to the M5 out of my iPod touch, the presentation seems a bit weird.  Almost like something is missing, and the iPod cannot get loud enough to fully power these things.  Out of my Fiio E7, above 10 on volume yeilds very dominating presentation.

Also, I searched for this, but couldn't find any thread relating to the newest release of the M5

May 2, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
Thoughts on this? I have been enjoying my M5s for a couple of months now, and am wondering if anyone has tried amping their M5s?  I find when listening to the M5 out of my iPod touch, the presentation seems a bit weird.  Almost like something is missing, and the iPod cannot get loud enough to fully power these things.  Out of my Fiio E7, above 10 on volume yeilds very dominating presentation.

Also, I searched for this, but couldn't find any thread relating to the newest release of the M5

Well, I can say that the ibasso t3 is a poor match for the new Atrios, warm mids work well with the Atrios, but the way the T3 eats the treble and bass doesn't work well at all (as it works actually quite well with the Monster Turbine pro copper, warming the mids and taking the edge off the treble). I am thinking of trying out the ttvj slim which has a warm signature, better extension and a digital volume control--and using the 30-day money back policy if necessary. I'll report on it probably in the portable amps section (maybe in a ttvj slim thread). 

I seem to remember discussions of how different ipods have different sounds, but out of a LOD, an amp with a digital volume control should have good control even if the comfortable listening volume is near the low end of the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back