Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Apr 10, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #677 of 704
I am surprised that with this outbreak and Ibasso stuff still arrive that quick! That is insane ! Ibasso is working the “magic”!

So am I correct in saying the modified main body of the dx220 done by Ibasso and the modified amp 8 is called Dx220EX-FE and a modified amp8 by ibasso is called amp8ex- fe ?

Apr 11, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #679 of 704
The Amp8EX alone can not squeeze out enough Bass and trebles Details and extensions as much as the main body EX upgraded. The DX220 was designed with modular design, and so the Main body is the Sources and the Amp8 is an amp. Just like any high-end system, if your sources is not up to par, then the amp can only do as much. But needless to say, if you have the Main body Dx220EX, then the experiences of the whole combination is going to be Elevated into another notch yet again!. To me, the Dx220EX is very important, a must :)

The term main body I actually got from you :)

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #685 of 704
Has anybody compared the DX228EX-FE with Fiio M15. I'm considering an upgrade from the Dx208 but unsure which. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Both are great in dynamics and sound stage. The M15 is more colored sound: thicker, smoother, fuller. The DX228EX-FE is a more reference sound: airier, clearer, brighter.

The M15 has a wonderfully dense and analog sound, but, there is a warmth in the low mids that I found somewhat muddy and a dullness to the highs. Burn in improved this, and you could get used to it. However, every time I switched to the iBasso it was like lifting a veil. On balance, the iBasso can sound grainier and drier but I would take its better transparency and high end response.

Of course your choice would depend on your system and tastes.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #686 of 704
Just dropping in the thread to say I’m another very satisfied Amp8EX owner. Got in on the last drop via Facebook and very happy/lucky I did. If you missed out and they ever do another run don’t hesitate smash send on that PayPal. You’ll be glad you did.

May 12, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #687 of 704
I’m thinking about selling my DX220, which means I’d be selling my AMP8EX Fan Edition. But then I read posts like this, listen, and I reconsider. Damn. It sounds so good.

May 13, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #688 of 704
I’m thinking about selling my DX220, which means I’d be selling my AMP8EX Fan Edition. But then I read posts like this, listen, and I reconsider. Damn. It sounds so good.
The only DAP I'd think about replacing the DX220 with right now is the new KANN Cube, but then I look at its price and footprint... all that for a a few more volts and the 9038PROs over the DX's 9028PROs and I'm not quite sure it's worth it. Also not sure if the Kann andoird supports UAPP, which has turned my DX220 into a streaming powerhouse.

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #689 of 704
Since the new DX220MAX has now run out of its 999 initial units (yes, I know, it's truly a sad news !), :astonished:
and I'm sure of it because I have not found any DX220MAX in current stock in the whole Europe, by authorized dealers, including my own country (France),
and this happened in less than 2 months after the launch, (999 units is a too lower number considering to have to contentate all the possibly so much iBasso sounds lovers around the world !).

Do you know if iBasso will soon produce some new Amp8EX-FE units for the DX220 ?
If yes, does someone already knows when the 3rd batch will arrive ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #690 of 704
Since the new DX220MAX has now run out of its 999 initial units (yes, I know, it's truly a sad news !), :astonished:
and I'm sure of it because I have not found any DX220MAX in current stock in the whole Europe, by authorized dealers, including my own country (France),
and this happened in less than 2 months after the launch, (999 units is a too lower number considering to have to contentate all the possibly so much iBasso sounds lovers around the world !).

Do you know if iBasso will soon produce some new Amp8EX-FE units for the DX220 ?
If yes, does someone already knows when the 3rd batch will arrive ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
Did you try Headphoniaks? https://headphoniaks.com/tienda/ibasso-dx220-max/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back