Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Mar 2, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #662 of 704
my dx220 not modified nor hardware nor firmware, with the amp8ex will i still have a big improvement?
If you are expecting "big improvement" type changes you will most likely be disappointed. When you get to the high level sound quality starting point of the stock DX220 then improvements from there are most likely subtle but noticeable. If you have read this entire thread on the AMP8EX you will see that most of us are extremely happy with it and for me it is now my default, everyday use amp module.

Just my 1.5 cents worth...

Cheers,
Tim

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #663 of 704
hi everyone, I got the amp 8ex fan edition, and what an amazing amp it is, now it takes the dx220 to a whole new level, everything got improved from bass, mids and highs, a really balanced nice sound, its now a dx220 on steroids

this is the amp that dx220 should be sold with by default

i bought it used so I assume it has more than 200 hours on it, I dig how it sounds alot

amazing

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #664 of 704
hi everyone, I got the amp 8ex fan edition, and what an amazing amp it is, now it takes the dx220 to a whole new level, everything got improved from bass, mids and highs, a really balanced nice sound, its now a dx220 on steroids

this is the amp that dx220 should be sold with by default

i bought it used so I assume it has more than 200 hours on it, I dig how it sounds alot

amazing
Welcome to the Club of happy owners :)!!

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #665 of 704
Welcome to the Club of happy owners :)!!
yeah finally was worth all the wait, and glad i got before pulling a trigger on sp2000 again, which is now not needed :)

Mar 14, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #668 of 704
iBasso Audio via FaceBook 55 minutes ago: "We are making a special run of the AMP8 EX. There are a few slots left open. The order would need to be placed today as we are ordering parts to fill this run. The price is 280 USD including shipping. You can make payment using order@ibasso.com with PayPal. We will need your full name, address with post code, email address and phone number. This is for today, the date noted on this post."

Sorry.
You missed out on the last run

@Trance_Gott

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #669 of 704
Just received my iBasso AMP8EX. So good.....

IMG_20200403_205002_825.jpg

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #674 of 704
Glad to see they are arriving. Looking forward to comparing to my Fidelizer modded version.
Would gladly be seeing the comparison. A sure thing is that both modules should be an elevated experience compare to stock module.

I welcome Ibasso back to the game and starting to manufacturing the good stuff again.
I am kinda surprise to see fast production and shipment of this special run modules over the outbreak and so on

Keep up the impressions and comparison when you get it ! But more importantly, stay safe and be well in regard to this horrible outbreak.

We all will get through this together and we all need more music and joy!!!

Also, I sincerely appreciate and am grateful for each and everyone who is working “essentially” in our society around the globe during this time . You not only put yourself at risk to keep the society and humanity turning, but by providing your services, you also expose and risk your family, partners and Kids.

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #675 of 704
I received the Amp8EX yesterday. Listened for a while before going to sleep. I wasn't prepared to hear what sounded like a very noticeable difference. Strong tight bass. Crystal clean highs. Nice clean separation between the instruments. Totally anecdotal, no A/B comparisons, could very well be expectation bias, but I liked it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back