Amazon launches Music HD with lossless streaming
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #1,997 of 2,004
So here is a wonky scenario. I noticed my Amazon HD material was being limited to 24 -48 on my iphone with a Cayin RU7 dongle.

I found this on the UK Amazon Music site: On iOS, disable the Alexa Wake Word feature in Settings to ensure playback through your DAC at the highest resolution.

I tried this but so far no joy. Any one else have this issue?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #1,999 of 2,004
Even if that does help, you may find that the playback isn’t bit perfect as (despite what the amazon app may say) all tracks will be played at the max resolution your DAC supports - verify this on your DAC if you can as the Amazon Music app info isn’t to be trusted,

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #2,001 of 2,004
If you have a DAP or an android phone with a dongle connected to it you can forget about high resolution music with Amazon... it has already been discussed many times here on this thread. Amazon doesn't have a bit perfect app, nor do they dream of entrusting their music to third parties (UAPP) as Tidal and Qobuz do. So Amazon Music remains non-HD... it's a shame but that's how it is.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #2,002 of 2,004
The issue with not being bit perfect is just that. I fully agree that Amazon Music HD is not bit perfect. To me it still sounds pretty close to the original.

When 192khz is presented at 48 khz that is a very real issue and is a higher order issue than being bitperfect.

The discussions here are about being bitperfect do not directly (and only subtly indirectly) relate to my issue. The issue relates to being limited to 48khz on one device (IOS) to an external DAC. This issue has some very specific parameters and only started being an issue. Which means it should be fixable.

The bitperfect thing will never be fixed. I suspect it relates to copy protection.

I would prefer to hear helpful thoughts on how to troubleshoot this issue rather than raising the bitperfect stuff once more.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #2,004 of 2,004
I fully agree that Amazon Music HD is not bit perfect.
To be more complete, Amazon Music HD is not bit perfect *automatically." If you are a dedicated audio nut, you sit there and manually change the Windows mixer bit/sample rate to match those of Amazon music file's original bit/sample rate...EVERY time next song turns out to have different bit/sample rate than last.
Hate Amazon for that..:deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back