Alpha Design Labs (Furutech) EH-008 In-ear Monitors
Aug 24, 2014 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

BucketInABucket

Headphoneus Supremus
I bought these at Jaben HK today as I quite liked the sound. Has anyone else heard of these or listened to them? There's only the product page on head-fi and no new thread as I suspect these are a relatively new product so I decided to start up a new thread for these gems.

EDIT: Official pictures and some more information!

Official website.
AV forums review.
Hifichoice magazine PDF review.

Source. 

Source.

My own pair.

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 31
 You have a pair
ksc75smile.gif
tell us how they sound! They seem to be getting good reviews though not here on Head-fi as of yet.

Do those rubber cap things come off the housings if you want to remove them? Remind me of the CKN70 rings that I wanted to cut off :)

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 31
   You have a pair
ksc75smile.gif
tell us how they sound! They seem to be getting good reviews though not here on Head-fi as of yet.

Do those rubber cap things come off the housings if you want to remove them? Remind me of the CKN70 rings that I wanted to cut off :)

I've only had them for a few hours but I can already say that they're worth every cent I paid for them from my limited listening time. They have a natural sound signature that drew me in and kept me interested for a long long time. In short, they sound damn good, especially for the price of HK$1500 (~US$200) that I paid for them. I replaced the stock ear tips with comply T-400 foams for comfort reasons though.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to comment about the rings. I've tried to remove them and it seems like they don't come off. Shame really, that's the only problem I have with these IEMs.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #4 of 31
So is this a case where they are smoother but still containing decent details in the hig end? Like highs done without overly inflating them to make them seem more present?  Not describing that correctly I hope you get what I mean.
 THANKS for the post.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 31
  So is this a case where they are smoother but still containing decent details in the hig end? Like highs done without overly inflating them to make them seem more present?  Not describing that correctly I hope you get what I mean.
 THANKS for the post.

I think you put it quite well actually as I hate overly-emphasized highs but this IEM had none of that being a nice and pleasant experience while still remaining detailed enough to keep me impressed and listening. Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I've only had a couple hours on this thing so far 
redface.gif
 oh and you're welcome, pleasure to help 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 31
Aug 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 31
  When you get used to those gems can you see if there is any significant sonic difference between the T-400 and silly-cone tips.
 This one has some decent descriptors in it towards the end.
PDF link.
http://www.adl-av.com/pdf/HiFi%20Choice%20%28UK%29%20--%20ADL%20EH008.pdf

That's linked in the OP already but thanks anyways :3

Anyways, sure I can do that. It might be a while though as I only bought these for portable use.

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #8 of 31
Just goes to show there's not much else around :)
 I was so absorbed in looking at them and reading that I forgot! now that is dedication...

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #10 of 31
  Just goes to show there's not much else around :)
 I was so absorbed in looking at them and reading that I forgot! now that is dedication...

Nope, it took some browsing just to find the reviews I linked and there's absolutely nothing else. I might contribute later on with my own review...eventually...

EDIT: Jokes, first page on google search :p

Looks like zero audio doppio. Surprisingly it's dual dynamic drivers. Very nice looking iem.

I've never heard of the Zero Audio Doppio :3

It's a dual-driver IEM but the point where they cross over is unnoticeable :xf_eek:

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #11 of 31
Bump! I think these IEMs need more coverage ^_^

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #13 of 31
Doesn't seem to be too popular of an IEM tbh, glad that someone else has joined the club 
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #14 of 31
It's a pretty new product, probably that's the reason why the ADLs aren't too popular.
I'm using Fischer Audio DBA-002 Mk2 as IEMs at the moment. They excel in some areas, for instance, they have extremely clear mids and detailed sound signature, but at the same time they are just too bright and lack LF extension. Hope ADL EH008 will cure these issues. I'm looking for a complete package.

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 31
Hopefully they'll see more coverage as more people get to know them!

These have just the right sound signature to tickle my ears and I consider myself to be notorious for hating crappy treble response so they must be doing something right! They definitely don't have the best bass extension though but it's enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back