All the DACs money can buy...
Nov 21, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #47 of 182
anymore?

Nov 22, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #50 of 182
Should amps with dac sections go on the list as well?
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #51 of 182
Very nice thread!

Not a realistic idea cause it's so subjective, but wouldn't it be nice to rate the DACs and some small description of the main sound character plus pros et cons.

Of course those small collected ratings and main sound characters would be the voice of majority
wink.gif

Nov 25, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #52 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiChael. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice thread!

Not a realistic idea cause it's so subjective, but wouldn't it be nice to rate the DACs and some small description of the main sound character plus pros et cons.

Of course those small collected ratings and main sound characters would be the voice of majority
wink.gif

hi
it's very difficult to do this... considering that dacs actually sound very different from one another depending on the rig in question. just yesterday i had a dac shootout between an ori modded zhaolu, wavelength brick and a benchmark and all three sounded far different on the dynamight amp than the zana deux, and there were substantial differences depending on the interconnects we used.

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #53 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi
it's very difficult to do this... considering that dacs actually sound very different from one another depending on the rig in question. just yesterday i had a dac shootout between an ori modded zhaolu, wavelength brick and a benchmark and all three sounded far different on the dynamight amp than the zana deux, and there were substantial differences depending on the interconnects we used.

Yeah I had that in my mind, it's part of that subjectivity. The thing how people combinate different gear as "the rig", tastes vary.
Btw, are there some reviews of those, if not can you give short story of em ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #54 of 182
Ok, i am really confused, and as you can tell, i have only been here a short while.

do you use DAC's for everything sound coming off of your coumputer?

like games to iTunes? or only specific software?

i am looking for something to go to my H/K reciver from my coumputer, does this do the trick, or do i need the cheap creative labs external soundcard with RCA outputs?

sorry for the noob question.
340smile.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #55 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, i am really confused, and as you can tell, i have only been here a short while.

do you use DAC's for everything sound coming off of your coumputer?

like games to iTunes? or only specific software?

i am looking for something to go to my H/K reciver from my coumputer, does this do the trick, or do i need the cheap creative labs external soundcard with RCA outputs?

sorry for the noob question.
340smile.gif

hi, you can use both. dacs tend to vary in quality, but they are basically found in everything that turns ones and zeros into analogue sound, from ipods to cheap soundcards. most of these can be hooked up to a computer... some directly, like the wavelenght brick and the bel canto 3 use USB input. others use coaxial input and need a usb/firewire to coaxial converter. a usb/firewire to coaxial converter can be found in souncards like the creative, to the M-Audio transit/audiophile and other such devices.

Nov 27, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #56 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, you can use both. dacs tend to vary in quality, but they are basically found in everything that turns ones and zeros into analogue sound, from ipods to cheap soundcards. most of these can be hooked up to a computer... some directly, like the wavelenght brick and the bel canto 3 use USB input. others use coaxial input and need a usb/firewire to coaxial converter. a usb/firewire to coaxial converter can be found in souncards like the creative, to the M-Audio transit/audiophile and other such devices.

how does your brick sound right now?

Nov 27, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #57 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does your brick sound right now?

it sounds beautiful....as of now i have never heard such a smooth sounding dac, i think only the meredian 508.24 could compare with it on that account. it also sounds tuby...with all the magic associated with the term... but, it's main weakness is that i didn't want to take my rig in that direction... what i actually wanted was a more solid state-bright/treble centered, sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back