Aliexpress Cables
Apr 11, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #4,291 of 4,359
Just received my Odin 2 Gold speakers cables...they do not work. :frowning2: I hooked up a OHM meter and it will not move to 0 when I connect the ohm meter. If I connect the 2 connectors on the ohm meter together it goes to 0, so I know the meter works. I sent a message to the seller to see if they want me to remove the shrinkwrap to see if the problem is obvious.

I have neve had any problem with any speaker wire, so I am a loss as to what is going wrong. The only thing I can think of is if they use multiple wires and 1 or more are crossed.

Any ideas?

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #4,292 of 4,359
Just received my Odin 2 Gold speakers cables...they do not work. :frowning2: I hooked up a OHM meter and it will not move to 0 when I connect the ohm meter. If I connect the 2 connectors on the ohm meter together it goes to 0, so I know the meter works. I sent a message to the seller to see if they want me to remove the shrinkwrap to see if the problem is obvious.

I have neve had any problem with any speaker wire, so I am a loss as to what is going wrong. The only thing I can think of is if they use multiple wires and 1 or more are crossed.

Any ideas?
Speaker cables are easy to diagnose. Continuity meter will tell you if they are wired properly. Positive should only have continuity with positive and the same for negative. Otherwise the cable is improperly wired.

Apr 12, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #4,295 of 4,359
Hmm, they usually refund the money if it's not working...
don't ask for your solution; they might suspect that you have already done something.
Just report bad cables and ask for a refund or that they send a new cable.

Cheers!
The seller asked me to make a video showing they do not work, and then he will send a replacement...which is fine with me.

Apr 12, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #4,297 of 4,359
I assume I will here next week since it is the weekend already. I have had nothing but good luck so far. I have cancelled deliveries about 10 times since Xmas, and had zero problems getting my money back too (Reddit has a bunch of people having nothing but problems).

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #4,298 of 4,359
i received today these totally cheap but apparently "audiophile" by the description fuses -> https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004081348634.html

i had AHP fuses before, honestly? i think these aliexpress ones sound better, they somehow round the music in a really nice way , but im just listening since 15 minutes... i have to report back in a few days after i switched the fuses back and forth 2-3 times

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #4,299 of 4,359
i received today these totally cheap but apparently "audiophile" by the description fuses -> https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004081348634.html

i had AHP fuses before, honestly? i think these aliexpress ones sound better, they somehow round the music in a really nice way , but im just listening since 15 minutes... i have to report back in a few days after i switched the fuses back and forth 2-3 times
The reviews rave on them.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #4,300 of 4,359
The reviews rave on them.
for the price of around 3 bucks i think its definitely worth a shot... if the claims are true:
4N 99,99% copper goldplated endcaps alone are pretty much worth the 3 bucks.. but the description also speaks about some fine-tuned silver alloy as fuse material that has slow blow fuse characteristics but is sounding like sterling silver (i guess this is more marketing but idk), i was just surprised to see such claims for 3 euro...

after first testing i would say the bass was a little more defined and definitely clearer, less annoying high frequencys, the AHP fuse sounds kinda edgy in comparison but thats also what i described as "rounder" at first, it overall sounds a bit warmer/deeper/more coherent

i also switched a while ago my main fuse to this one:
https://www.mattes-shop.de/Hifi-Mod...gsmodul-10x38-Kontakte-CU-versilbert::26.html
+
https://www.mattes-shop.de/Hifi-Mod...rat-vergoldet-versilbert-oder-Kupfer::19.html

i had "stock" 16A automatic fuses before but i think it was worth the switch, the overall sound was more refined but i also noticed that sub bass reduced a bit
tho i didnt wanted todo A/B testing (switching the main fuse back and forth...)

in this shop are also cheap 5x20mm fuses https://www.mattes-shop.de/Hifi-Mod...eramik-24-K-vergoldet-Feinsilber-99-9::1.html

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #4,301 of 4,359

I have one of the bigger versions. I did a write up in this thread about a year ago on these white fuses. Very nice upgrade when comparing to a glass fuse. The white fuse IIRC costed about $4 USD at the time.

I also have the smaller sized red versions which were about $25 USD IIRC. The red perform a bit better than the white ones. The red offered more resolution than the white.

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #4,302 of 4,359
I have one of the bigger versions. I did a write up in this thread about a year ago on these white fuses. Very nice upgrade when comparing to a glass fuse. The white fuse IIRC costed about $4 USD at the time.

I also have the smaller sized red versions which were about $25 USD IIRC. The red perform a bit better than the white ones. The red offered more resolution than the white.
I remember these being well thought of a couple years back. There’s a black one too, I don’t recall but that may be the primo one. I have Acme fuses and a SR blue in my tube amp, might give these a try.

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #4,303 of 4,359
I remember these being well thought of a couple years back. There’s a black one too, I don’t recall but that may be the primo one. I have Acme fuses and a SR blue in my tube amp, might give these a try.
I have tried at one point or another all the SR fuses up to the purple. Also have tried the ACME fuse. Since I have not directly compared them I cannot say what the difference between are for a specific application. But my reaction to the red fuse was it made a much bigger difference than the ACME vs a glass fuse.

Well worth a try, both the white and red are inexpensive compared to the well known competition. Also to my ears both felt very sonically balanced. To my ears the white is more musical and red more resolving.

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #4,305 of 4,359
Well worth a try, both the white and red are inexpensive compared to the well known competition. Also to my ears both felt very sonically balanced. To my ears the white is more musical and red more resolving.
ah thank you, i might try the red or black ones at some point but from what i heared the white one is probably hard to beat price/performance wise

the difference seems to be :
black and white are basicly like the white one but
1. instead of quartz only, red and black has quartz + ghraphene
2. red one has a additional occ silver wire wrapped around the silver alloy fuse wire (which seems to be identical as in the white one)
3. black one has instead of occ silver, a occ copper wire wrapped around the silver alloy fuse wire

probably a taste thing if you like the occ silver or copper better, probably will try red in the future

i need soon around 7 fuses for my DIY dac build, i think the white ones are a cheap no-brainer if you believe in fuse sound but dont wanna spend much to get the build on probably some kind of solid "mid-level" but im still very hesitant on buying expensive fuses, yes pretty sure they make a difference but at some point i rather look into other imo more important upgrades

But my reaction to the red fuse was it made a much bigger difference than the ACME vs a glass fuse.
its really great that these sort of chinese manufactors get a foot in the door with these prices, imo its not about getting the best fuse here but to get a pretty good one for basicly not much more than regular fuses

tho what i hate in the chinese market are all these fakes or false claims, its hard to find legit offers imo, with most fake stuff you are never sure if its pure copper or brass etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back