Aliexpress Cables
Apr 22, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #4,336 of 4,361
Does that ATAudio power cable sound better/different in your system? Have you tried any of their RCA or XLR interconnects? There is a guy over on Audiogon who really likes one of their cheaper RCA cables.
I have ATAudio OCC silverplated XLR interconnects bought from ebay and they are just excellent for the price. With them I replaced RCA cables between my Gold Note DS-10 and McIntosh headphone amp. They definitely sound more transparent and musical. I’m very happy with my purchase.

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #4,337 of 4,361
Still waiting for my Odin Gold XLRs to settle down but getting a little itchy to try some terminated speaker cable from Alixexpress.😉

Any recommendations on something that’s really surprised you with it’s performance /value.

A short personal opinion of how it sounds in your system will be helpful too.

Not looking for anything too detailed sounding or analytical.
Maybe something bold and big sounding with good midrange focus. Odin 2 Gold VS Odin Gold?

Cheers

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #4,340 of 4,361
Early impressions with this fuse - in my DAC there is better resolution resulting in more detail, better layering and more slam in the bass. For the Lyr3 though, the same effect made it sound more solid state so not necessarily better depending on which you prefer. Pulled it out of the Lyr3 and put the stock fuse back, I'm keeping it in my DAC though. Worth the trouble and its cost? If you care about tweaks then definitely. All subjective of course, it works for me. I have the black version coming soon as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20240425_212738567.jpg
    PXL_20240425_212738567.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #4,342 of 4,361
I can recommend this fuse from Aucharm. Excellent fluidity, beautiful timbre and immersive atmosphere. Compared to any german fuse in the €100 region, it plays another league.
Just be sure to put the right direction, as it's highly directional.
I was interested in this fuse, I am using Aucharm's red fuse and happy with 2 of those working in my DAC and DDC. Has anyone compared the Aucharm's oil fuse and SR purple fuse?

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #4,343 of 4,361
People here seem to love the Nordost Valhalla 15 core (was it 19?) power cord.

from this video he did not like it as much as the odin gold

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #4,346 of 4,361
Did he mention which Valhalla he used? There is different versions which have different core number.

Seems he might have used the low core version, judging by the price.
I'd agree its the lower core version, I have the higher core version and its not as easy to bend.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #4,347 of 4,361
I can recommend this fuse from Aucharm. Excellent fluidity, beautiful timbre and immersive atmosphere. Compared to any german fuse in the €100 region, it plays another league.
Just be sure to put the right direction, as it's highly directional.
The link does not work for me. Do you have an Ali product ID?

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #4,348 of 4,361
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #4,350 of 4,361
This is the top tier fuse. Did you try the red or black Aucharm before this?
Sorry, no (life's short and my neurosa would eventually get me :-D ).

I wouldn't be surprised though if this oil fuse surpassed even my Audio Magic M-1 in many aspects (expect maybe that it possibly has somewhat softer bass), but I haven't bought / directly compared these two in a single component.

But to be frank, today after some thousands hours of further tweaking, I can't complain about soft bass with these fuses in two critical PSU's of my system, more of an opposite, so these fuses don't limit the bass, nor they exagarate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back