Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Oct 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #2,944 of 3,117
I bought them with the cocobolo wood cups and metal grills already in place, and I used fabric dye to make 414 pads black.

I wish I could compare them to stock - I've never heard a stock MS1 before, just these - and I absolutely love them.

They sound more pleasant than a billion virgins knocking at my front door.

They sound better than that "tick tick tick" noise that ATMs make when dispensing cash. And we all love that noise.

(In otherwise, subjectively, I like the way they sound.)

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #2,947 of 3,117
I reversed quarter modded my 414 pads, they're more comfortable then the stock comfies and the 414 pads stock combined. I'm really enjoying them. I wouldn't know what to choose if i had to choose one headphone out of the three i own. The ms1-i's were $110 while the other 2 were $200+ at the time.. lol

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2,948 of 3,117
Add me to the ms1 fan club- been using mine for about 5 years now in a music production context. Great sound and an incredibly flat response. I have mine fitted with the L-cush's FWIW. 

Best 99$ I ever spent!

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #2,950 of 3,117
Also regarding pads, i tried mine with quater mods, had a few strands of hair into the driver, due to the exposed area, had it removed. (just a caution if you're going to do this)

Still looking for a decent woodie so i can have them changed! Would post a pic in the near future.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2,952 of 3,117
Just put these on for the first time in a while..

They really aren't as bass-light as a lot of people make them out to be. 

They definitely aren't big, bad basshead rumblers or anything, but they definitely punch pretty deep and hard.

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,953 of 3,117
I have 4 pair of headphones that I listen to. He-400,Sennhiesser Amperiors,Harmon Kardon CL & Ms1. I like them all for what they do but the Ms1's really have that real feeling when listening to rock,live & acoustical stuff. I am very pleased with these! Not great for bassy music, That's what the He 400's are for.

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #2,954 of 3,117
I have 4 pair of headphones that I listen to. He-400,Sennhiesser Amperiors,Harmon Kardon CL & Ms1. I like them all for what they do but the Ms1's really have that real feeling when listening to rock,live & acoustical stuff. I am very pleased with these! Not great for bassy music, That's what the He 400's are for.

I like the way you think. I do really feel that the MS1 has a special place and time in my personal collection.

Dec 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,955 of 3,117
I'm interested in picking up a pair in the future for some modding purposes down the line. I was just wondering if ever the headphone breaks or needs repair if I have to send them back to Alessandro or to Grado for the repair.

Also I just recently got a pair of SR225i and wondering if the MS1i would serve as a complimentary can. I'm mostly intrigued at the price point of the MS1i and comparability to the SR125i in some aspects and the portability with the 3.5mm jack compared to the 6.3mm jack of my SR225i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back