Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Nov 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #31 of 220
Hi I need help
I ordered MS-Pro, I live in europe so I had to send paymant 699$ via paypal on their email address hounddogcorp@verizon.net 2 days ago and nobody write back me yet, I have scare about my money
frown.gif
. is it normal in Alessandro? My english is not good so I cant call them.

edit: everything is ok I got message now, deo gratias

Nov 28, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #32 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I need help
I ordered MS-Pro, I live in europe so I had to send paymant 699$ via paypal on their email address hounddogcorp@verizon.net 2 days ago and nobody write back me yet, I have scare about my money
frown.gif
. is it normal in Alessandro? My english is not good so I cant call them.

edit: everything is ok I got message now, deo gratias

Did you get 25% discount from online order ?

Follow this : http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.html

Jan 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #35 of 220
I need to give credit to this headphone--It is the single biggest factor that has made listenting to recorded music more enjoyable for me than ever before.

I've been a budget audiophile for over 20 years now. Without the $$$$$ for high-end speakers and amplification, I've gravitated towards headphones.

Including the MS-Pro, I have a HD650 and a K701. For amplification, I have a Headamp GS-1, a Corda HA-2 mkII, and a Larocco PRII mkII.

I've been in search for "that special something" for years. I've been happy with this hobby up until now, but the MS-Pros have been such a tremendous revalation that I've been inspired to come out of "lurk" mode.

I'm not a great writer and I don't have tons of time to describe what I am hearing, but I will say that in my opinion the MS-Pros are "balanced" and "they have it all". Previously, I would go back and forth between my "warm and relaxing" HD650 and "airy and detailed" K701, but I was never completely happy with either one. The MS-Pro strikes a perfect balance -- tonal neutrality -- all of the details are there, and presented in a very natural way.

The one downside is that I've been so enthralled by my MS-Pros that I've purchased a new CD player (Cyrus CD6SE) and I have a new amp on the way (Woo Audio 6 SE). But it is worth it. Listening to recorded music has never been this rewarding.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #36 of 220
I received these phones some days ago and must admit that at first I was a bit underwhelmed. I got em used, so they were burned in. But they are growing one me pretty quickly
biggrin.gif
. I am surprised at how light they are, makes them tolerable with the bowl pads. I do have the GS1000 pads coming from TTVJ and already have the distancers so do plan to do the ultimate mod. These phones do guitar music like no other, also they work wonderfully with higher (~130b) bpm electronic music, great deep/dynamic/detailed bass. I will still be using my K701 for all the lower tempo music I have, the MS-Pro and the K701 seem to cover all the bases. I may just have to sell my DT-880 and maybe even the K501.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #37 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do have the GS1000 pads coming from TTVJ and already have the distancers so do plan to do the ultimate mod. I will still be using my K701 for all the lower tempo music I have, the MS-Pro and the K701 seem to cover all the bases. I may just have to sell my DT-880 and maybe even the K501.

The mod changes its character comprehensivly and pushes it far into the K701 territory. You might end up selling the K701 and keeping the DT880 finally (if you have the elder DT880 model, that would make sense).

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #38 of 220
Tested the RS2 and MS Pro at the shop today and i must say the MS Pro won me over despite the slightly steeper price. The sound of the MS Pro was much richer and you can just hear the effort put into enhancing the bass. Now i am a happy owner of a MS Pro and i am pampering it with some burn-in treatment right now =)

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #44 of 220
Wouldn't say that the modded MS Pro needs a big balls amp, almost any zero ohm plug will do. The usual big ball amp advantages of better soundscaping are irrelevant here IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back