AKG k702 or Sennheiser HD650
Nov 21, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #46 of 97
I also enjoy the newer HD650's. I've listened to my friend's older versions and I have to agree with you there.

Nov 21, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #47 of 97
Not sure 702, but I have bought and then after a week or two sold the 701 for two times. Tried to adapt and love it but failed. Go Sennheiser. It is cheaper and is more likely you will like it.

Nov 21, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #48 of 97
Well the same has been said and done with Sennheiser. Some people just have different tastes.

Nov 21, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #49 of 97
Hi everyone!
I have both 702 and HD650. And I like both!!
wink_face.gif

Both 702 and 650 have each strong point,so no one can say one defeat the other.

I think which one is better than the other is depending on your music tastes!!
k701smile.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #50 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by ety0820 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone!
I have both 702 and HD650. And I like both!!
wink_face.gif

Both 702 and 650 have each strong point,so no one can say one defeat the other.

I think which one is better than the other is depending on your music tastes!!
k701smile.gif

I like your philosophy. I want the K701/2 as well. Then I'll have both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #51 of 97
I never liked the HD650, from day one back in 2005. I've tried the 650s with some cool tubes that not really save them, the tubes just cut this annoying mid bass and push the high mids. I removed both foams, and they sounded a little bit more open but still veiled.

If you peoples think the 650s are so great, you just need to listen to the HD-800 and maybe realize some serious realizations...like reconsider the "Some people just have different tastes".

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #52 of 97
Same can be said with trying the HE90/HEV90 combo. Unfortunately, not everyone has the budget to afford higher end cans.

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #53 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you peoples think the 650s are so great, you just need to listen to the HD-800 and maybe realize some serious realizations...like reconsider the "Some people just have different tastes".

wow, I never really realized you really could realize realizations. Really?

what conclusion are we supposed to come to upon reconsideration? Maybe some people don't have different tastes, but are instead inferior, and in the end there is only one true headphone, one headphone to rule them, and in the darkness bind them. Or maybe you're confusing the K701 with the ring of power...

Really though, it's all about whether you care more about detail or tone.

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #54 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what conclusion are we supposed to come to upon reconsideration? Maybe some people don't have different tastes, but are instead inferior, and in the end there is only one true headphone, one headphone to rule them, and in the darkness bind them. Or maybe you're confusing the K701 with the ring of power...

lol, it's because you never really could realized realizations that tone and detail are one... Really!
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #55 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like your philosophy. I want the K701/2 as well. Then I'll have both.
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope you`ll have both.
normal_smile .gif

When I listen classic or jazz,I usually use 650,but sometimes use 702!!Then I can enjoy listening two aspects of a classical or jazz song!!
Of course , sometimes the reverse situation is also enjoyable!!
dt880smile.png

Nov 21, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #56 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, it's because you never really could realized realizations that tone and detail are one... Really!
wink.gif

tone and detail are decidedly not one.

Nov 21, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #57 of 97
Quote:

Wow. One of the best quotes this year. LOL
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #59 of 97
Quote:

tone and detail are decidedly not one.

It's simple than that. you have the clean tone, like the K701/2 HD-800, and you have the veiled and dull tone like the 650s. You can call it warm, it's fine with me you can use any excuse you like.
very_evil_smiley.gif

The HD-650 are Joe six pack perfect illusion of Audiophile headphones.
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #60 of 97
The newer HD650's aren't dull at all. I do admit it's a bit laid back, but it still has detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back